Let me start off by saying...
My name is Beth and I'm an Instagram-aholic.
Whew, I'm glad to get that off my chest. I realized the other day that I haven't busted out my "good" camera in quite a while. What can I say the Iphone wins. It's easy, durable and with me at all times. Not that I'm giving up on "real" photographs, but for the everyday activities Instagram takes the cake.
While I'm in a confessing mood I'll go ahead and admit that I'm also totally in denial over the fact that school is just one short week around the corner. The oh so elusive Kindergarten that has always seemed to loom so far ahead is finally upon us. It feels like a new chapter of life is beginning...my heart recognizes that familiar twinge that comes with having to let go just a little bit more.
We're hanging on though. Making the most of our last few days of summer. I know all good things must come to an end but we can do our best to go out with a bang. So I find myself making pancakes for little girls in pajamas and heading to the Kiddie Park (we are BIG fans) for a morning with friends...
Emme was not satisfied with sitting this one out and so she strapped in for her first "big girl" ride...
She totally loved it...
Miss Independent should be her middle name right now...
She is pretty convinced she doesn't need me around to help her do anything...
She was crazy about the "horsey"...
I loved her tight little grip on the reigns...
I am digging her sense of adventure...
I'm also digging my last few days with this girl before school steals her away (she loved getting spend her morning with a sweet friend)...
Oh darn, just like that I'm teary eyed...
Just knowing that the next time summer rolls around she'll be another year older...
Another year wiser...
Another year closer to being all grown up...
Okay I know I'm being a total sap...but I can't help myself. She is an amazing big sister, a precious little person, and it has been a joy to have her constant chatter fill the minutes in my days for the past almost 6 years. What a joy and a privilege to be her mom...
The only thing keeping me from losing my cool is knowing this little angel isn't going anywhere...
Being their Mama is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
















3 comments:
Loved this. I got teary eyed right along with you. Enjoy the last bit of your summer with those two beautiful girls! I may be officially convinced to try instagram... : )
You got me hooked too Beth - instagram is the BEST! I've been thinking of you guys a lot lately...may you find peace and rest as you approach these next weeks ahead! It's a BIG mix of feelings! love to all!
You always have a way of making me get teary eyed too:o)
Post a Comment