9 years ago on one very hot evening our friends and family gathered in a little army chapel in the middle of no where. It was charming, quaint and exactly what I had always envisioned my "wedding" would be.
Oh, and did I mention there was no air conditioning? Ahhhhhhh yes, 100 degree temps also meant it was a very sweaty evening. Lucky for us we were surrounded by good sports. They say love is blind and it must be true, I can hardly remember the heat. I was marrying the man of my dreams and was the happiest girl in the world...
I was also very young (21 to be exact)...
And while I'm not longer such a spring chicken (let's just say 2 kid's have a way of changing things up a bit) he still makes me the happiest girl in the world...
We've been through a lot the past 9 years. I would say very heavy on happiness with a little heartache thrown in for good measure. Definitely a love worth celebrating and a couple of weekends ago we did just that. We headed to one of our favorite places...
And stayed at one of my favorite hotels...
Nate got us the hook up and we landed in a cool corner suite...
I could happily live there and survive on room service and the mini bar for the rest of my life...
It was a lovely weekend. We ate at Sandra Bullock's Bess Bistro...
And spent plenty of time relaxing...
Knowing our girls were in good hands hanging with their sweet Roxi gave us the freedom to enjoy ourselves (thanks so much mom, you're the bomb.com)...
We were feeling a little nostalgic so we headed over the the Capitol...
We actually rode a petty cab which was fun and not something we do everyday. Then we held hands and walked around, just like we did so many times 9+ years ago...
This place will always be special...
It is after all where a certain guy got down on one knee and told me I'd made him the happiest man on earth and he wanted to spend the rest of his life trying to do the same for me...
In case your wondering he's doing an excellent job. Happy Anniversary Nate...I love you with all my heart.















3 comments:
Happy Anniversary to two of my favorite people!! Hope you all have an amazing day!
Happy Anniversary Beth and Nate! Looks like you had a beautiful weekend in Austin!
So thrilled you and Nate found happiness. Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment