Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday Carter Edition #58~Drama Clean

Monday Carter and her peeps (that would be Emme and I) are counting down the minutes until daddy returns! Nate has been gone for almost two weeks and that means we are in full blown laundry mode around here. This is because when Nate is away I don't do laundry...which means it kinda' piles up. Monday Carter made the most of it jumping from pile to pile...





She also enjoyed running circles around Emme (who found out laundry can be a pretty comfy resting spot)...

All that playing left Carter in need of a little rest...

While she's taking a nap I'll tell you a little story. Yesterday we headed out in search of some bluebonnets (photos to come). We worked up quite an appetite snapping photos. I was in the mood for Mexican, Carter was not. So to avoid a melt down (which I do at all cost when Nate has been gone almost two weeks) I was driving through Whataburger for her. Yes my kid eats fast food for dinner, especially when I'm parenting single style, but I feel a little better about Whataburger vs. Mickey D's. At least their chicken comes in a strip which is fast food logic 101. So there we were sitting in the line and I hear Carter begin to beg, and she was really begging, me to drive through the car wash next door. I was totally tuning her out because I was tired and hungry and not at all in the mood for a car wash. Suddenly I hear her shout out, in true Scarlett O'Hara fashion, "I've been waiting my WHOLE life to drive through the car wash!" And that folks is my definition of a Drama Clean.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

haha! Oh Carter, she's hilarious! I actually have a secret love of car washes too, and asked if we could go thru one for my birthday (jet stream, not the brushes) but it was still freezing in Iowa so we couldn't! I will have to put on some Drama Clean and go catch up! :)

Deciduous Heather said...

Carter is one of a kind. That is just so funny, and right up there with Karsen's level of drama queen. LOL~ I can so relate because I have been in single mommy mode around here also with two little ones! Dylan would eat fast food everyday if I let him! So, did you guys go through the car wash or not? ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails