Thursday, April 22, 2010

Color Me Happy

I love color...


I guess you could say it inspires the creative spirit in me...



Bright pops of orange, yellow, red, blue and green greet me when I walk in our home...




I'm drawn to simplicity but am also drawn to the cheer that color brings. For me color in our nest hits a bulls eye...


It just makes me happy. But lately the color outside is what has been catching my eye. Spring is such a fun word, full of bounce and pep. So it comes as no surprise that Spring brings a treat for the eyes. Spring is what sent Carter and I, along with my mom, in search of some pops of color for our garden....

An empty pot quickly became full...




These are a few of my favorite "outdoor" things...



The way my new lime green hose, coral water spicket, and this blue flower look together make me just a little happier every time I turn the water on...


These lemons have been showing up on my door every spring for the past five years, I just never get tired of them...



But of course the tastiest colors of Spring are the ones you can eat...


Hope your Spring is off to a colorful start!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Well said!! I think there is so much beauty this time of year. It sure makes travelling more fun.

Kimberly said...

I love how you make everything look new, fresh and fun! You add a pop of happiness in my day every time I read your blog! Totally digging that hose/spicket set-up! SO cute.

Roxanne said...

Great post, Bethie!!! So fun and colorful!....just like you!

Jessica said...

Yay!!! I LOVE spring too. To me it means winter is over, summer is soon to come...but in the meantime enjoy all of the blooms God sends our way! Can't wait to see pictures of your garden so I can be inspired to start on mine :)

Molly said...

such awesome color! i miss sitting on those chairs and having dinner. SOON!

Joni said...

I could use you and your Mom around here:) I love reading your blog, Beth!

Becky Garrison said...

I'm with you! I love color in my home (and everywhere else) and, while I can appreciate the shabby chic, white, beige, grey that is so popular these days, it's color that really makes my heart happy! Thanks! Becky G. in GA

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails