Wildflowers are blooming across Texas too, but it just isn't the same. I guess you could say I've been a bit of a bluebonnet snob lately. I see them, I think to myself, "sure, they're pretty" ,but secretly my heart says, "Nothing can compare to the land of Oz"...
But suddenly the bluebonnets have begun growing on me. I see the fields blooming a beautiful shade of "Liberty Blue" (the Pantone Color I found most closely matched) and I begin to think maybe, just maybe there is something to this whole bluebonnet thing...

So Sunday afternoon we were in need of a little outing. Chicks in tow I went out in search of some flowers worthy of a photo. I was a little leery of hanging out on the side of the highway with my little munchkins so we found something off the beaten path. My goal was to take some photos of the girls with the flowers, not the flowers with the girls... 
Carter was feeling enthusiastic about having her picture made...
What a difference a cheerful heart makes...
I'm not sure I'll ever attempt photos of her when she's not "in the mood" again...
It made for a delightful afternoon...
One where little fingers eagerly picked flowers for Mama...
Carter is bringing me little bouquets more and more often these days, no garden is safe... 
It makes my heart happy to receive her little expression of love (photo by Carter)...

She teaches me so much about life, about breathing in the moment...

About sitting and enjoying the sunshine...

These girls are my true definition of happiness...

Of Joy...

Emerson was quite content under a canopy of bluebonnets...

It was one of those afternoons I'll really remember...

Just the three of us...

Making a memory...

And being reminded that God's beauty is all around us...

Just waiting for us to acknowledge and take it all in...

So, for the beauty that is all around me...

I say out loud...


16 comments:
LOVE the bluebonnets! (And those kids are pretty darn cute too) The tulips are pretty radiant this year; however, the day that I went there were whole rows with their heads lopped off due to the intense wind we were having. It was like some evil person had come by and just decapitated them. It was not the same "happy" tulip kind of day.
Bluebonnet season is the only season where Texas Pride makes sense. However, I have to say: Oh my gosh - I've never even imagined anything as beautiful as those Washington Tulip pictures. Wow. Wow.
Oohhhh! We miss you Saxton girls!!
awesome pics:)
Wow Beth! Your pictures are quite amazing! The girls look beautiful as usual and I'm so glad that your finding the beauty in all things and places! Your a great mom!
Beautiful, beautiful pictures!!!
I love that last picture of the girls. Emerson smile is priceless!
So beautiful. I just love bluebonnets, but i know what you mean I see all of the tulips around here now and they are amazing. I guess God gives us different "pretty's" to look at no matter where we live. Enjoy the blue!
There are no words! Absolutely gorgeous, wonderful photos :)
Beth, you captured some gorgeous photos!!! Quite a few of those are just absolutely breathtaking! The amazing time you girls had is reflected in those photos. What a great memory!
Oh, Beth! Y'all are so b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!!! I'm so thrilled to have pictures of my grandgirls in bluebonnets! Your photographs are stunning! Carter looked like she was having so much fun. I would have loved watching her! Such a pretty picture of Emme...
That's it, I'm hiring you to take Claire's pics next spring. I tried twice this spring, and let's just say it didn't go over so well. I will miss seeing Carter measured by the tulips, but Bluebonnets are a good second:)
I found you through Roxanne's blog. So glad I did! I loved the drama clean story! Precious!
And did you notice? Your girls eyes are exactly the color of the bluebonnets??? Beautiful!
Blessings, Becky G. in GA
Oh I can't tell you how many times I have dreamed of finding a field like this and doing a photoshoot of my babies! I have never been able to find as lovely a backdrop as you found!!! I am speechless! Amazing shots you got.
Absolutely gorgeous pictures!!! Thanks for sharing them with us!!! :)
~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/
These are GORGEOUS! love them!! and love those three girls!
Post a Comment