Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wild Thing You Make My Heart Sing

I have wondered for 9 months what our new baby would look like. I was hard pressed to imagine her looking anything but just like her big sister, so in a lot of ways she has been a very fun surprise.

It started at birth when she popped out at almost 9 pounds. Carter was a little over 7 pounds at birth and what a difference a couple of pounds makes!
Emerson is so fun to hold, you don't feel like you have to be careful with her and I love that. Another thing about Emme that makes my heart sing is her WILD hair!
She came out with a full head of dark hair and in the past 4 weeks it has continued to grow. At this point I think I could throw a little "product" in and give her a hair style. But, for now we just allow it to do its thing.
She does share a few similarities with Carter, blue eyes and their daddy's distinctive chin to name a couple.
One thing is for sure, she makes our house a lot more full and a lot more fun. We are so glad she is finally here to fill the spot we didn't know was empty!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

How sweet! She looks so tiny in her big crib!

Megs said...

she is adorable:) (keira is a little jealous of her hair)

Roxanne said...

Oh sweet Beth! I do miss being there. I can't thank you enough for the fun pictures and delightful post. They make me so happy! I love you all ao much!

full of gracie said...

Oh Beth! She is adorable!! Love the hair! I see a loy of Clint in her...

Jessica said...

So cute Beth! I love all of those pictures. Her hair is fabulous :)

Sara said...

That hair is precious! I don't know that I'll ever have to worry about my kids having lots of crazy hair, it just doesn't seem to be in the cards for the Skaggs children! It sure looks good on Emerson, though! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails