Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chuck E Cheese on Steroids

This past week we took Emerson for her first check up at the on base Pediatric Clinic...

Is it bad that I felt like we were actually visiting Chuck E Cheese on steroids...
All the germs, coughing and sick kids everywhere were giving me the heebie jeebies...

Luckily she doesn't seem to have picked anything up! Is it just me or does it seem a little backwards to take your brand new healthy baby into a germ infested office just to have them tell you she is "normal"? I was almost in tears when we left, convinced she would have some serious illness by the end of the day! Overly emotional mom alert, I'm firing on all cylinders!

3 comments:

Case and Los said...

Oh man, I don't miss those CRAZY hormones. They were scary:) But I feel the same way- Claire's 8 mos and has never been sick, so I'm always freaking out when I see germy nastiness surrounding us. We should hang out with our twin Orange BOBs and cute girls some time. We'll be in Austin for the half marathon this weekend, any chance you guys are Valentinsing it up up there?

Jason and Jessica said...

I just had to leave a comment about your orange BOB. We've got the double stroller version in orange because every mom on base in CA had the blue one so I got orange to be different :) I only got to use it a few times before we moved and now that we are busy unpacking, I'm looking forward to busting it out and using it--Woohoo!

Jason and Jessica said...

PS We have our boys on Tricare Standard so that I can take them to a pediatrician of our choice out in town. I love being able to have the same doc who really gets to know them and watches them grown and I love that the office can always fit us in and I especially love the fact that they schedule all infant appointments for first thing in the morning before older kids (and their germs!!) are scheduled. We also have MOAA as a supplimentary insurance, which covers all co-pays, etc that Tricare doesn't cover :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails