
Because of my love for words I just had to share these with you in case you haven't heard/seen them yet. It was created by a woman named Katherine Center for the Mom 2.0 Summit (I'm not sure exactly what that is, but I found this so inspiring)...
and the words…
WHAT I WOULD TELL HER:
(If I knew what to say.)
You are a miracle.
And I have to love you this fiercely: So that you can feel it even after you leave for
school, or even while you are asleep, or even after your childhood becomes a
memory.
You’ll forget all this when you grow up. But it’s okay.
Being a mother means having your heart broken.
And it means loving and losing and falling apart and coming back together.
And it’s the best there is.
And also, sometimes, the worst.
Sometimes you won’t have anyone to talk to.
Sometimes you’ll wonder if you’ve forgotten who you are.
But you must remember this: What you’re doing matters.
And you have to be brave with your life so that others can be brave with theirs.
The truth is, being a woman is a gift. Tenderness is a gift. Intimacy is a gift. And
nurturing the good in this world is nothing short of a privilege.
That’s why I have to love you this way. So I can give what I have to you. So that you
can carry it in your body and pass it on.
I have watched you sleep. I’ve kissed you a million times. And I know something that
you don’t, yet: You are writing the story of your only life every single minute of every
day.
And my greatest hope for you, sweet child, is that I can teach you how to write a good
one.
Beautifully written words, did I mention I love words. They sum up so much of what I wish, hope and pray for my two sweet girls. I think I'll give them a couple of extra kisses today.

5 comments:
Why is it half the time I venture over to your blog, I leave with tears in my eyes?? So beautiful and inspiring. Thank you for sharing this.
Thank you so much for posting my video! What a lovely post! I love that pic of you and your little cuties. And extra kisses is always a good idea. So great to stop by and visit! Many good wishes!
Precious, Beth. You have a gift, indeed. Words are so powerful, beautiful and can make such a difference. I love this post.A new favorite... It touched me. I cried.
Thanks for your 'sunny' blog...it's one of the cheeriest places I know. Full of warmth, honesty and fun. That's why I'd like to pass on the Sunshine Award! No, I'm not kidding. It's kind of like the Emmy of Blogland. :) You can pick it up at my blog anytime.
I love you! It's a joy to be your mother.
So sweet and powerful Bethie. I thank you for finding and sharing this. I will apply it to my little boy (eventhough it was written for a girl).
Oh Beth...How I needed those words today...Thank you....CAT
Post a Comment