Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"I want a husband!"

After Nate had been home for a little while last night Carter woke up. We all wound up laying in her room together for a few minutes. I was slightly sentimental because my guy had just showed me a little gift he's been working on. He's gone and out done himself again and is making a "movie" with all of our pictures and videos from the past 3 years in Washington. Let's just say that watching your first born go from an 18 month old to a 4 year old in a few short moments set to music will bring a tear to your eye. While we sat there in her room visiting I told her I was going to have to "freeze" her, I just couldn't handle her getting any bigger! She looked at me and laughed and said what she always says, "I have too!" When I asked her why she leaned over and whispered in my ear, "I want a husband!" I have to admit if I was 4 and had Nate as my daddy/husband example I'd want to grow up and get one too! We're all pretty happy he's home.

4 comments:

full of gracie said...

Tears!! Again! That is so sweet! I hope Gracie say's that one day!

Kimberly said...

Oh, my gosh! That is the most adorable thing I've ever heard! You certainly scored in the husband department. If I could even get Dustin to pick up a camera once in a while, I'd be on cloud 9. Let alone make a video montage!

Tricia said...

*sniff!* You've been a busy bee this week-- three new posts, all of which have brought me to tears... and I've never even met you! I could ramble a bit, since you've gotten me all teary, but I'll just say again: I love your blog!

Roxanne said...

Oh, Beth! That is priceless! Thanks so much for sharing this little treasure. I love you all!...so glad your together. Hug!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails