There is this old song that my dad used to play when we were growing up called Thank God for Kids by the Oakridge Boys. One of the lines says, "Thank God for kids there's magic for awhile...a special kind of sunshine in a smile. Do you ever stop to think or wonder why...the nearest thing to heaven is a child?" This really sums up Christmas and Carter for me. As we try to balance celebrating the birth of Jesus and also having a little fun with things like elves and Santa I love watching her smile and take in the whole Holiday experience. It really is one of the joys of being a parent. I'm so thankful to have the opportunity. The other day, after a lot of moving "stuff" we treated Carter, and ourselves, to a little "Christmas light looking". I wish I could convey the excitement with which she oooohed and ahhed, jumped up and down, gasped and squealed throughout the entire experience. She had me laughing out loud and loving every minute...

I think Christmas is more fun than it has ever been and I'm pretty sure I can chalk that up to the fact that I get to be a mom. What a gift.

2 comments:
Beth, this could not be more true. Being a parent really does let you see the joy of Christmas in a whole new light. How blessed we truly are. Hope you and your precious family have a Wonderful CHRISTmas!
Tissue, please! Thanks for this post. It was an gift! Loved it all. You bless me. Mom
Post a Comment