
and their cute apartment...

and their cute dog Griffin...
Kim found the quickest way to Carter's heart is through a nice warm fluffy pancake...
We were pretty pumped about the sunshine and decided the perfect way to enjoy it was a trip to the zoo...
Our tour guides...
a.k.a cheesy lovebirds...
our little family of three...
and the highlight of the zoo petting some really smelly (and mean) goats...
We also soaked up good food because let's face it...no one cooks like Texas! One new place we checked out was called the Cove and it proved to be casual and delicious. The concept is ingenious, they put a playground right next to their outdoor seating! So, while Carter enjoyed the slide...
We enjoyed eating our food at a leisurely pace...
A little time with Aunt Kim...
and you can't help but smile!
And with that we were off to our Beautiful, with a capital B, hotel on the San Antonio Riverwalk. The Hotel Valencia was our home away from home. We stayed there, with my parents, for 3 wonderful nights (I would highly recommend it)! Our lovely room...

Citrus Restaurant YUM YUM...

Cozy courtyard...

and Riverwalk Views...

all made for a great start to our get-a-way! We were also looking forward to a visit with our favorite Killer Whale, Shamu! Little Miss Carter is now tall enough to ride her very own roller coaster (first time was with dad)...
second time with mom...
And her smile says it all!
And, there are no pictures to prove it but, she also rode a very non-tame version of the log ride and was still smiling! So I'm thinking this means we've got a thrill seeker on our hands! Roxi on the other hand...that's a different story...she seemed to think this ride was a close cousin to the Texas Giant...
We're happy to say she survived with a little comforting from a certain 3 year old! We heart Sea World (even if Shamu wasn't cooperating and they had to cancel the show half way through)! The other highlights of our trip included the IMAX...
and several fun restaurants...including breakfast at the Old Pioneer Baking Mill where Carter stopped to smell the roses...
and showed off her speedy wheels...
Dick's Last Resort had us all smiling...
And are my parents cute or what?! (And they're also pretty good sports)...

11 comments:
how cool! I just love san antonio too:) Hotel Valencia is amazing... Right smack in the middle of it all! Your pictures are just so cute.
What a fun trip! San Antonio is such a great place. My husband and I were just talking about switching our nest assignment preferences to that area. Nothing is better than Texas!
And you and your sister look so much alike! Is Sea World still letting military in for free? We went two years ago, and they had all this special military stuff. Glad you enjoyed your trip!
yeah for Texas sunshine and short sleeves.... my everyday fantasy! :) Hope Corpus gets some sunshine before you leave!!!
What fun! There's nothing like sister time! Hope the rest of your trip is fabulous!
ahhh what fun! when we were stationed in san antonio (when i was pregnant with ellie) we ate breakfast at the old pioneer baking mill nearly every weekend we were there (and took our family and friends there every chance we got). i'd give anything for one of those cinnamon rolls right about now! yum!!
I think it is great your family gets along so well. That is truly a blessing. If you want some great pizza in San Antonio and its kinda in the Monte Vista area..go to Florio's on Broadway. I have been wanting to go to the Cove and we haven't made it over there yet.
Hope you enjoy your vactation.
Dawn
It looks like y'all had a blast! Thanks for sharing all the fun with me. Those hats roxi and pops are wearing are hilarious. Even though they look a little like the KKK.
Wow! Lots of fun stuff here! I bet it's been awesome to have a true family vacation! The pics are great and hope the rest of your visit is great!
love ya! sam
I bet it's a nice change to go back home WITH Nate! Looks like you squeezed in a lot of fun. And I've gathered you met up with Doug and Katie??? HOW FUN! That picture of your parents and their "hats" is incredible.
I love the River Walk!! I went and visited my friend there when I lived in MS! I am so glad that you are having such a great time!!!
Post a Comment