Our last stop while we were in Texas was in Nate's old stomping ground. We headed back to central Texas where, as you hear him reminisce about everything in sight, you realize he still has a few roots left growing. We spent a few days hanging out with Kathie and Bart and Nonna and Poppa. It was a great way to end out "tour of Texas" and we had such a good time. The first stop was Rudy's BBQ where Carter enjoyed hanging out with her "cousin" Josh (I use the term cousin lightly, Josh is actually Nate's cousins son...but that gets a little confusing when your 3)...
although that was seven years ago...so he's not so little anymore...and by the end of the day, she was pooped!!
And, as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end...but not before Carter had a chance to ride two things that are native to Texas, a tractor...
and a horse...
And while central Texas has many things to offer, great Mexican food, BBQ, friendly people etc. etc. etc...my favorite thing that comes from this great part of the state...is this guy right here...
and my favorite part of visiting is all the memories it brings back of meeting and falling in love in a little town called Belton....it's the best thing that ever happened to me.

8 comments:
Okay so now I know you were blogging instead of the gym - haha! Looks like you guys had a great time!!!
Okay I am at melissas using her computer and so it came up under her name instead of mine -oops!
Carter looks so cute! I'm so glad you guys had a great time touring your home state of Texas. It was great talking with you today!!!
"Where's Carter honey?"
"Oh, she's just out playing on the topless mermaid!"
"Oh, wheew, i though we'd lost her."
Beth,
I've been "stalking" your blog for about a month and now feel I should confess. Got the link from Skaggs blog. I know Nathan from Belton and UMHB (Natalie Till). Loved your D.C. photos and your new blog design stuff.(If I had a blog I'd have you design something - but I spend all my time reading other blogs!!!) Random question: What kind of camera do you use?
Hi Natalie! I'm glad you've "stopped by"...I love checking out other blogs too, it can be a little addicting huh?! As far as cameras go...I have a point and shoot that I use for most of my pics (it's the sony cybershot) and then a 35 mm canon rebel (that uses actual film) with a zoom lens that I use when I'm really trying :)! The DC pics were mostly with it...I'm thinking of upgrading to a nice digital but I haven't taken the plunge yet! Thanks for saying Hi! :)
Beth,
I also want the digital Canon and have used the 35 mm for several years until I dropped it and it hasn't been the same since! Anyways, love your photos and blog.
Natalie (Till) Briggs
Beth, Did you ever take Dr. Alexander in the Bio dept at UMHB? LOL! He loved that mermaid statue and every class I took with him, he took us on a field trip to the Salado creek. He would always point out how she was almost topless... Creepy!
Anyway, Hope you guys had a great time in Texas!
Post a Comment