and Brady...
Ever since we headed home she's had doggies on the brain. We love dogs, so the thought of getting one is tempting. So tempting that we were contemplating it (just a little bit). It was a happy thought. A normal little family, getting a normal little dog, hanging out with each other and their four legged companion...but then the reality of our life brought me back to earth. Nate came home today and is now leaving an entire month earlier than we expected...which just serves as a reminder that right now we are not normal. I'm sure I will want to travel...it is after all what I seem to do...and bringing a dog into the mix doesn't really seem conducive to the lifestyle we currently lead. So for now, Carter will have to settle for her doggie relatives...

6 comments:
hold the bus... leaving a month early???? not cool. WAY not cool.
but at least you have that cutie patootie to play with! thanks again for the fun times on Friday :)
Beth- I am sorry to hear that Nate is leaving a month sooner than planned. It always seems that as soon as things get planned out- they go the opposite way- something we are going through right now with trying to rent our house, and rent a house in D.C.
Hope you enjoy your time together in the meantime!
Beth, how cute is that post? I completly understand your reasoning for waiting on the dog. So sorry to hear Nathan is leaving earlier- guess that means he is home earlier?
I love your new layout!!! What great pictures!!
I love the new B&W pictures on your blog! Gorgeous! I'm so sorry Nate is going out earlier, I just found out he is relieving Ryan so I feel a little guilty. You guys should get an Australian Shepherd... very smart, good with kids, all around great (and beautiful) dogs!
Such cute photos (both of TX and the dogs). Sorry to hear Nate's leaving. I will say one thing for small dogs (obviously you know I'm biased); they can travel on the plane with you! Burly has gone to CA with me 2x while Los was gone. And he made such a difference in the morale/joy of our home... Also, I traveled overseas multiple times with and without Los, and the Mittag's and Karlee S. from VQ-1 both watched Burly. I'm sure people would help you out if you did choose to ever get a doggy. Burly is staying in TX these 2 weeks we travel, and people love him; so I hope you would have a similar experience! In your own timing of course:)
Post a Comment