Monday Carter was a chipper little chatter box and we were having a nice little visit as we hit the road. I told her I sure hoped she had a great day and that I would be looking forward to picking her up at 1:30 with a snack. To which she replied, "And mom, can you be clean?" Puzzling. "What do you mean can I be clean?", I asked her. "You know," she said, "after you work out you can go home and take a shower and then get my snack and come pick me up!" This clued me in...and wasn't the first time I was aware of C's aversion to sweat. Whenever I pick her up from the kid's room at the gym she is quick to ask me if I'm sweaty...if the answer is yes there will be no love for her momma. She went on to enlighten me a little more. "You know last night when you took a shower you smell really good," she said, "And when you sweat you smell YUK." Needless to say I made the extra effort to get myself all pretty and clean before I picked her up, and the hug and the smile was totally worth it. Note to self...people prefer you clean.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Monday Carter Edition #18~It's good to be clean.
So, this Monday began like most do. I threw on my workout clothes, packed C's lunch and hurried her into an outfit so we could get out the door. Apparently the wind decided to descend on Oak Harbor with a vengeance...therefore we snapped her picture inside the car instead of out... 
Monday Carter was a chipper little chatter box and we were having a nice little visit as we hit the road. I told her I sure hoped she had a great day and that I would be looking forward to picking her up at 1:30 with a snack. To which she replied, "And mom, can you be clean?" Puzzling. "What do you mean can I be clean?", I asked her. "You know," she said, "after you work out you can go home and take a shower and then get my snack and come pick me up!" This clued me in...and wasn't the first time I was aware of C's aversion to sweat. Whenever I pick her up from the kid's room at the gym she is quick to ask me if I'm sweaty...if the answer is yes there will be no love for her momma. She went on to enlighten me a little more. "You know last night when you took a shower you smell really good," she said, "And when you sweat you smell YUK." Needless to say I made the extra effort to get myself all pretty and clean before I picked her up, and the hug and the smile was totally worth it. Note to self...people prefer you clean.
Monday Carter was a chipper little chatter box and we were having a nice little visit as we hit the road. I told her I sure hoped she had a great day and that I would be looking forward to picking her up at 1:30 with a snack. To which she replied, "And mom, can you be clean?" Puzzling. "What do you mean can I be clean?", I asked her. "You know," she said, "after you work out you can go home and take a shower and then get my snack and come pick me up!" This clued me in...and wasn't the first time I was aware of C's aversion to sweat. Whenever I pick her up from the kid's room at the gym she is quick to ask me if I'm sweaty...if the answer is yes there will be no love for her momma. She went on to enlighten me a little more. "You know last night when you took a shower you smell really good," she said, "And when you sweat you smell YUK." Needless to say I made the extra effort to get myself all pretty and clean before I picked her up, and the hug and the smile was totally worth it. Note to self...people prefer you clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
The girl knows what she likes! Too cute!
That is hilarious! Leave it to little ones to be brutally honest!
WOW!!! I know exactly how you feel... On Sunday Cooper told me that he didn't like what I was wearing!
this just gets funnier and funnier, great life lesson though, and probably too true!
This explains so much in my life.
Carter is definitely a first born. Sweat is a little gross I guess.
Beth you write a lot of funny stuff, but I couldnt stop laughing at this one!!!! I can so see Rhian Grace doing this once she gets older, I think I will hug her anyway!!!!!
Post a Comment