Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Chinese Spaceship

Spending time apart has served a purpose. It has given us a new appreciation for spending time together. Doing something, doing nothing, whatever we are doing is special when we are together because we know what the alternative is. We've had those nights lately...where you are just making dinner in the kitchen while jamming to music, dancing with Carter, playing a game...whatever it may be...and you just kinda' look around and it hits you that this is a good life, I mean a really good life. We've been enjoying some spur of the moment family fun as well. Friday night we headed to the bowling alley. Carter was looking pretty darn cute which always brings out the Mammarazzi in full force. She was a little too cool for school at first...

But I can usually manage to squeeze a smile out of her...

We decided to grab some Chinese take-out on the way home. Nate ran in to pick it up and 20 minutes later Carter and I were still sitting in what I had now become our spaceship (because entertaining a three year old for 20 minutes in a car can be a little challenging)...

So what if I know the Little Einsteins theme song by heart? At least I didn't dump my fiance' five minutes after I proposed to her. Let's just say my husband was highly entertained with my feedback (that's a really polite way of putting it) as I watched the Bachelor last night. And that's all I'm going to say about that because it's such a fiasco I'm not even going to waste my breath (or typing) with an opinion. Mostly I'm just glad Nate was sitting next to me laughing last night. That makes me very very happy. Being together is definitely not overrated.

4 comments:

Sam said...

I love it - the spaceship was cleaver! It always amazes me how our children can work our creative side - we may have mommy brains sometimes but at least we know they're working! OK...on to another topic! Jason Jason Jason!!! What was he thinking??? I was super upset (to put it nicely). I'm sure if Jared was around he would have laughed at me as well!

Roxanne said...

Beth! I laughed so hard at the space ship! Hearing your sweet voice and seeing Carter's enthusiastic face, warmed my heart.You are an amazing trio! Praise God for His reality!I love you, girl!

Case and Los said...

I love the term mamarazzi, never heard that before, so cute:) HOpe to see you a week from today! P.S. word on the street from the Big D is that Melissa started seeing her ex before Christmas, they've been seen all over the place together... so that's why Jason went back to Molly. But that isn't dramatic enough, so ABC spun it a different way (with Mel's knowledge). Just the word on the street. Maybe he's a good guy?

Kim said...

you are really messing up your kid. tell her the truth.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails