Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"The Biggest Day of My Navy Career"

Ok, so this could be a slight exaggeration for several reasons. The first one is obvious I'm not in the Navy. But, my better half is very much in the Navy and as I overheard him making this statement on the telephone while talking to my brother tonight I thought, the biggest day of his career? Well, this most definitely deserves a post. Don't worry I'll elaborate. Like all good stories it starts at the beginning. I won't go back to the very beginning namely because it is already getting late and mommies don't get to sleep in.

So, four not so short years ago, the man I love most in this world took a major detour from his current career path of minister and followed a BIG dream to fly. He left one teary eyed wife in Texas and made the 8 hour drive east to Florida to begin his journey into what I can only describe as passionate service to our country. This guy loves America and what it stands for with every inch of his being...he bleeds red and probably a little white and blue too! Needless to say he has excelled in all areas, he rises to the top in everything he does, he is a born leader and I'm really not just saying all these nice things because I'm his wife. I forget the technical term, but I just saw his "report card" he received recently and there are some other people who think he's the best thing since sliced bread too!

All this to say tomorrow is one of the really big days for him. From what small amount I can gather sort of like finals, or a thesis, or something really big like that, (I do my best not to make myself out to be one of the wives who really gets all the lingo, but I do try). He's studied hard and I know he is more than prepared to shine. When I forced him to let me take this photo the first day he headed to work as an official Naval Aviator I had no idea what our future held. The past few years have had their fair share of heartache and tears, I'm sure there will be more in the months and years ahead as separation is always right around the corner. But, I couldn't be prouder. All I can say is, "Go do your thing babe...you're so good at it."
*UPDATE* He passed with flying colors...that's my guy!

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Oh, Beth! You do know how to make me bawl like a baby!!! Well, how did he do? I hope you won't keep me in suspense too long.

Anonymous said...

Yea! Way to go Nate! I'm glad we have people like him serving our country! Thank you for your service...both of you! Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails