Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Surprise!!

Birthdays right after Christmas are always a little hard to get geared up for.  Just when I'm ready to come off the holiday high BAM practically everyone close to me has a January birthday!!  

My sweet little Emerson is part of the "club" and I always want her birthday to feel special even if it is right after Christmas.  Recently she was describing a party to me and said, "You know mom...when everyone jumps out and yells SURPRISE!!!"  Boom.  It hit me.  Let's throw this kid a surprise party.  It was pretty easy actually because I was able to do a lot right under her nose...



She didn't suspect a thing! And come party day Nate kept her away from the house for a few hours while I worked a little party magic and voila!!  When she left it looked like this...



And when she pulled back up it looked like this!


Some of our sweet friends helped us pull it off and for a few minutes she wasn't quite sure what to think...

 

 

It was honestly so much fun!  Emme is obsessed with all things Little Mermaid lately so I ran with that theme...









An afternoon full of face painting, cake eating, pinata busting and friends was the perfect way to celebrate four sweet years with this ray of sunshine...













Thank you to all of our peeps who helped make this day special and who joined us in celebrating Emme.  She is one of kind and brings joy to every corner of our lives.  I can't imagine this world without her sparkly self in it...



I love you Emerson Kate!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails