We kicked off December with Carter's first Soccer Tournament...
It just so happened to be during one of the coldest weekends San Antonio had see in a while so we bundled up, drank hot chocolate, and sat in the car :)
Probably not a coincidence that Emerson (and I) wound up very sick immediately following our cold weather weekend (Carter was just having a sympathy popsicle)...
I survived his Company Christmas Party (it was actually lovely) and decided I really like Ft. Lauderdale! I see mixing a little business with pleasure and another visit for the whole fam in our near future...
We headed home...
And were met with a big surprise...
SHORT hair!! These little cuties talked Roxi into chopping their locks. I didn't mind! They look adorable! So cute in fact we decided who better to show off your hair to than Santa! We headed off for the annual visit, but were met with a loooooong line. Nate killed a little time with the girls...
What a dad...
After thoroughly exercising their patience it was finally time! List in hand...
They hung out with the jolly old elf for a few minutes (no tears)....
It was a success!
Santa visit...check! Next up a little caroling with the Brownies...
Mom makes an appearance on Great Day SA...
And Emerson's Christmas program. She was the cutest little sheep I ever did see...
Christmas buddies...
Later that day the girls and I baked up a little Christmas cheer and made the rounds to wish some of our favorite people a Merry Christmas!
It's easy to forget but giving is where all the fun is at...
Our candlelight service at church was full of joy, love and little chaos but I tuck away that moment when my girls faces light up...
It's nice to remember what it's all about...
Family tops our list and there was plenty of chances to celebrate. We started off with a visit to Fredericksburg. Game playing, ice skating and love...
Back home we gathered again with family, thanks to a special delivery from a good looking elf everyone fit around my new dining room table for Christmas Eve dinner...
The girls sprinkled reindeer food in the yard...
And finally the moment Emme had been waiting for...We let her open a few presents...
And what do you know, Santa came...
He delivered happiness, cheer and left big smiles on these adorable faces...
And Carter is addicted to (and really good at) Legos! I'm so impressed...
Annnnd she painted this self portrait of Roxi for Christmas, I'm kind of in love with it...
The girls were left with a little Christmas money burning a hole in their pockets so we took them shopping...
Princesses...
And more legos :)
It was a lovely Christmas...
Followed by a lovely New Year...
Followed by a parent date night...
Looking back and saying goodbye to a pretty great
2013...
And looking ahead to what I'm believing will be a year to remember, I'm counting on you to be one of the best yet 2014. We're off to a good start...
Happy New Year!!











No comments:
Post a Comment