Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lately...

...we've been coming down from the Christmas high.  Trading lazy mornings filled with leotards and makeup...



For more routine ones.  Sleeping late...


and playing outside (bubbles required)...




Have been replaced with routine.  We're playing catch up with reality.  Speaking of catch up I can't believe I forgot to share one of the highlights of Carter's Christmas break.  A little thing we like to call horse camp (I was jealous)...


She and her best bud Jaden had two solid days of horses...


I can still remember saving my pennies and dollars as a kid hoping one day I'd buy a horse...


On their last day a couple of good looking cowboys showed up to check out their progress :)


It was awesome...


So after a break filled with fun and more fun it's a little hard to get re-motivated for school and responsibility.  We've been doing our best to energize our bodies and minds with a recent new hobby juicing...


I was skeptical at first.  I mean I really didn't think that my girls would eat a glass full of spinach juice among other things.  But guess what...


They think it's delicious!!  Bottoms up...


And speaking of juice...my mama is documenting her amazing juicing journey as she whips herself into the best shape of her life!  Follow along by clicking HERE...I'm so proud of you mom!  Or should I say twin :)


Lately we've been staying busy.  I tagged along with Kim for a bridal show and we pimped out her booth Pinterest style...


It was pretty sweet if I do say so myself (and I just did)...


It's a busy January for Nate at work but we're doing our best to stay connected.  He had "reserve weekend" so we met him for lunch.  Sometimes it the little things...



We're making the most of our time with him any chance we get (Emerson on another lunch date with Daddy before he left town again)...


Because of course I couldn't be more appreciative for how hard he works...


But sometimes it's hard because life just isn't the same when he's not around.  I mean don't get me wrong the night life with these chicks is a riot...


But I think I sometimes wonder how much they feel his absence.  So I do my best to keep things rolling along in a happy fashion.  This week that meant a little girls night out...


Chik Fil A style...



I am always impressed with Chik Fil A.  They do it up right...


We had a great time and Emerson told me as she fell asleep, "We had a lot of fun tonight Mommy."  I love them...


Lately life is good and I've been reminded that if you open your eyes beauty is all around you...


Like staring you smack dab in the face as you load up from a quick run into Trader Joes...


You go God...


Our New Year is off to a lovely start...


And after a bath...


We're off to catch some zzzzz's (lately I seem to snap pics of them snoozing all over the place)...





Happy Wednesday!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails