Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Born to Be Rad

Sunday Carter and I made a memory.  We tied on our running shoes and put on our raddest faces (photos by Carter)...



I've been seeing crazy colorful photos for a while and always think it looks like such a fun way to run.  Carter has never had a "race" experience so this seemed like the perfect opportunity to get her started.  Here we are all nice and clean...


But it wasn't long before the color started flying...




We were covered in color and we hadn't even crossed the starting line!  Here's Carter ready to get the show on the road...


She took off like a little lightning bolt (seriously I could barely keep up) and I quickly tried to explain there's no way we were going to sprint 3 miles!  We found a more reasonable pace and quickly headed into the first color station...


It was so fun!  Carter probably ran 2/3rd's of the time and I was so proud of her!  We were sporting all the colors of the rainbow by the end of the race...



Kim and Bryan had spoiled Emme with a doughnut breakfast and then brought her to wait for us at the finish line (Emme loves her a little "Bwyan")...


She wasn't quite sure what to think of us!


I'm also shocked to report that for the most part we were each pretty clean after a nice hot shower.  The only thing still sporting a remnant of color is Carter's hair, but that's not surprising considering what it looked like! 


Carter, I am so SO proud of you!  I hope this will be the first of many races you will run in and enjoy.  Thanks so much for being my little buddy I had the best time getting colorful with you.  You bring so much fun to my life!  I love you sweet girl...


 Stay Rad!  XOXO Mom

1 comment:

The Reeves bunch said...

What an awesome memory and experience for both of you! So FUN!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails