Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Touchdowns in the Rain

With a weekend forecast of rain, rain and more rain we made a game time decision this past Friday.  We had planned on spending our weekend cheering Carter on at her soccer game but it looked highly unlikely that she'd be playing so we decided to hit the road and cheer on the Wildcats instead...



We made it to Temple with time to spare so the girls had a little time to let some energy out...


I know they say Disney is the happiest place on Earth but Roxi's backyard might give them a run for their money...


Later we headed to the stadium (Yay for Kim's first game of the season)...


We all do our best to make as many games as we can each season but it still rare that my brother, sister and I are "home" on the same weekend.  This just happened to be one of those times and they're always some of my favorites...







Tut tut, it looks like rain...



And it really did!  We kept thinking there would be a monsoon like downpour any minute but amazingly not a drop of rain fell until the minute the game was over.  Carter and Emme soaked up the perks of having a famous Pops...



And by famous I mean if Temple had a wax museum my parents would totally be in it...


Emerson also shook her groove thing and can do a tomahawk chop with the best of them... 




And in the end all of her moves seemed to help and the Wildcats came out on top!  We're always so proud...



It was also the eve of my Papa's birthday so we serenaded him which was really fun.  He and my Mimi are a couple of spitfire's and it's so fun to see them get tickled. This totally did the trick...



Friday nights in the fall are hard to beat...



The rest of the weekend we were together...



Which basically means we did stupid things like took turns trying on a red wig...





Or putting sponge rollers in my hair...




But you know what?  Stupid can be fun...



Really fun...





In fact, I highly recommend it (guesstures in case you're wondering seems to do the trick)...




The rest of the weekend was a blur of nothingness and listening to the rain.  A welcome change of pace if you ask me.  We also squeezed in a little thrift store shopping.  I find it challenging to do my best to uncover all the retro finds in an antique store filled with things that would mostly fall into the "shabby chic" or "country" category.  I was pleased as punch with my purchases...



Oh and just so I don't ever forget, Kim bought Carter this practically life sized doll named Nicole.  Carter couldn't live without her and I couldn't imagine living with her so Kim stepped in like the good Aunt she is and made her day...

(Shhhhh don't tell Kim but it actually makes my heart very happy when she does stuff like this and I really can't wait to spoil her kids someday too, it sounds lovely).

It was the best kind of weekend if you ask me.  Full of family, fun and good food (thanks Jenny for the delicious green waffles :)



We headed home with clear eyes and full hearts (sorry couldn't resist)...



Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Great post, Beth! Dad and I loved every minute of being with our kids! He'll be real excited to see his 'red wig' pic on here!I got a big kick out of all of those.

Hope y'all are having a nice week. The weather here has been noticeably cooler.

Can't wait for y'all to come back.

Anonymous said...

Makes me wanna be there too! Love y'all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails