Sunday, October 21, 2012

It's alway a good time.

Last weekend we celebrated.  It was homecoming for Temple Highschool so after a week of flying solo without Nate the girls and I loaded up and headed North for a little taste of home...
My Mama's front porch was a welcome sight after a long week...


After the girls were tucked in for the night my Mom and I decided to whip them up a couple of mini mums...


You know the saying everything's bigger in Texas...well that applies to mums too!  You'd be shocked at the things you'll see at a homecoming game.  We kept it simple and designed them to be just their size...


They loved them...


And had a blast hanging with Pops at the pep rally...



After the pep rally we had just enough time to head home and whip up a little birthday cake for our favorite guy...



And then Emme and I headed to the airport to pick him up (Stacy was along for the ride too)...


It works out perfectly that the man I married could think of nothing better than spending his birthday on the sidelines of a high school football game.  It just so happens that's something I can make happen!


Thank goodness Temple won which meant good moods all around...and cake...there was plenty of cake...


Saturday's plan was fall fun for the whole family.  After a morning that meant naps for some...


work for others...


And weirdness for the rest...


We loaded up and headed to Silo Farm...


I'm going to have to dedicate an entire post to this little adventure because Jenny was kind enough to capture the whole outing with her "real" camera which means fabulous photos!  But I can say fun was had by all...








Later that night we headed out on the town to celebrate Nate's 35th.  Well as out on the town as you can get in the metropolis of Tmeple...

One of my favorite things about my family is that it really doesn't matter where we are...



It's always a good time...



Happy Birthday Nate!  I love you flash phobia and all...


The next day we headed home.  But not before the girls shed a few tears and protests over the fact that we wouldn't let them go live with Uncle Clint and Aunt Jenny...



Monday meant back to reality...


And reality this week has involved a whoooole lotta' bike riding in preparation for the bike rodeo...




Carter was bound a determined to make it through the course with flying colors (or at least without falling)...


And I'll leave you with a little cliffhanger because I gotta' run so more on how she did next time I have a chance to post!  Oh and I'll also leave you with this...


I love that she's just a little bit weird...it makes me so happy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails