Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Snap Happy

It's no secret that I've become quite the Instagram addict.  All I can say is if Instagram is wrong I don't wanna' be right.  It just suits my fancy.  In my opinion it is quite possibly the perfect social media outlet.  Maybe it's just me but I find seeing people's lives through photos much more entertaining (and let's be honest slightly less annoying) than reading about it via a status update, tweet, etc.  I love the snapshot that it gives of what day to day life looks like for different people and as I look back over my photos from the past week or so I realize that it does a fabulous job of capturing the moments that mean something to me (big or small).  Like the girls and I baking cookies after school...





Or an art project to keep hands busy...



It was going really well until Emerson decided to throw a baking soda snowball...


I snap things on my iphone that I would never deem "worthy" of the effort with my good camera and yet they are the pictures that I wind up loving.  Like a family walk around the block to drag our trash can to the alley (what can I say other than we are really glamorous)...




Emme did a rain dance... 



I've always loved photos and I think for me I've reached a whole new level of snap happy.  Truthfully I think my eyes have been opened to all the little things going on around me that I don't want to forget...


Thanks Instagram, you're speaking my love language...


So this week we've had a few highlights and a major milestone or two.  First up a trip to the top of the gym for Carter...



We were so proud to be able to watch as she climbed with determination and finally got to ring that bell...



She was pretty proud of herself as well (dang girl look at those guns)...



She had another reason to smile Friday when she came home officially a "self manager".  This would be school lingo for she apparently has learned to behave herself in class.  We celebrate these kinds of things appropriately with ice cream which will hopefully motivate our children to continue to behave...



I guess you could say she was on a roll (no pun intended) because that afternoon she decided to kick her training wheels to the curb...



Nate showed her the ropes...



And before we knew it she was getting the hang of it (my favorite part of this video has to be Emerson running alongside Carter cheering and honking the horn)...



She's pretty determined...



Which is a good thing because she's gonna' have to kick it into high gear to be ready for the bike rodeo at school next week...



So proud of you Carter.  And don't worry sweet Emerson, your day will come...



Not to be outdone by all of Carter's accomplishments Kim and I had one of our own.  We braved the crowd and attended the grand opening of Nordstrom Rack...


We did we really did...


We were highly motivated by the fact that we felt certain one of us would win a $2,000 shopping spree which unfortunately was not the case.  Oh well, better luck next time and we got a free breakfast taco so there.  

Moving on we had my favorite kind of weekend at home with things like a trip to the Farmer's Market...

And age appropriate date's to the Kiddie Park..

And the Witte...



We welcomed a slower pace.  Thanks to Columbus and cold front Carter got to sleep in Monday and enjoy a little hot chocolate...







It was a lovely three day weekend...



And yesterday we jumped back into the swing of things.  Emerson headed to "school" and I tagged along...



The Fire Department was paying them a visit..


It was pretty stinkin' adorable...



I think she may have a future in fighting fires...



Life is good and I'm all caught up in the land of blogging so peace out peeps and happy hump day...


Carter said the guy twisted her head and tilted her chin and told her to smile...ahhh gotta' love a good school photo!  

1 comment:

Donna said...

Can I get one of those special school pictures? It IS adorable! Love you Carter and you ARE beautiful....Nonna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails