Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Silo Farm

Saturday my Mama and I loaded up the girls and headed to Silo Farm.  Just outside of the Temple/Belton area is a cute little farm that is all dressed up for Fall.  Appropriately named Silo after the cool one that stands prominently on their property (the girls are in front of it in this pic)...


There were plenty of activities to keep two little munchkins busy.  They loved the petting zoo and Carter really got into the pumpkin painting...


She can be quite the little perfectionist when it comes to art or school work...


Lately I am totally in love with her use of color and pattern.  It's "munchkin modern"...



Lucky for me there was also the rare opportunity to grab a few pics with all three of us.  Of course it's quite a feat to manage to get one with everyone looking at the camera...


But the real reason for our visit was to pick out a few perfect pumpkins...


It didn't take Carter long...




And Emerson found some that were just her size...


This little goofball keeps me smiling...



And don't get me started on her chubby cheeks...


She is the most cuddly kissable little thing you've ever met...


It was a day that could have only been improved by cooler temperatures.  I really do find myself missing the way fall feels.  Washington had a knack for fruit stands, winding back roads and a crisp day that could epitomize what fall is all about.  There was definitely a moment or two Saturday when I felt like I might spontaneously com bust which doesn't leave you feeling all fall and fabulous.  It's a trade off though because I love being near our family and feeling at home here in Texas.  Definitely not something I'm willing to give up for beautiful scenery and cooler temperatures! 


I'll take hot Texas fall any day of the week if it means being right smack dab where I want to be...


IMG_2306IMG_2307IMG_2317IMG_2243IMG_2293IMG_2260IMG_2261IMG_2262IMG_2263IMG_2264IMG_2281IMG_2275IMG_2276IMG_2256IMG_2277IMG_2272IMG_2289IMG_2287IMG_2292IMG_2321IMG_2311IMG_2312


Happy (HOT) Fall y'all!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails