Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Birthday Love

Birthday Parties are a ton of fun but I always like to do just a little something special on our girls actual birthday.  The day that they came into this world shouldn't pass by without a little recognition just because it doesn't fall on a Saturday or Sunday.


Last Thursday Carter had a little extra bounce in her step as she headed off to school.  Birthdays have a way of bringing out the excitement in someone.  She started the day off with a heart shaped pancake, a little love from her sister, a pretty dress and a little serenade from her mom and dad...






Later that afternoon I had a special delivery of cupcakes for her class at school.  Unfortunately I managed to trip on the steps walking up and the cupcakes weren't looking quite as pretty by the time they made it to their final destination.  I was thankful the kids didn't seem to mind one bit...





Later that day we wrapped things up with a little family celebration.  Pizza followed by what else??  More cake! 




Cake which proved to be a little too much of a temptation for little Emme...







The number 6 was sinking in more and more as the day went on...




If I have one wish it's that this little girl would have a year filled with joy and happiness...







Emme was a BIG fan of the cake (as in she sounded like a broken record saying, "cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, you get the picture)....





I couldn't wait for Carter to open the book I made her...





She loved it...




She also loved the mini Missoni styles I managed to score from Target...






Meanwhile Emerson was just wishing for a little more cake...




It was a sweet day of celebrating...




Here are a few of our videos from the evening...










And there's more where that came from...stay tuned!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Happy birthday to Carter!! I'm loving her modeling look in Missoni...so grown up! And I'm with Emme on the cake thing...can't get enough ;-)

The Hudock Family said...

Happy birthday Carter! So glad you had a special day with your family. =)

bunnytrails said...

Happy Birthday, Carter!! I miss seeing you in Abilene at paint class!! Love, Jo Carol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails