Wednesday, July 20, 2011

See Jane Read

Every once and a while your kids do something that knocks your socks off.  Lately my have been flying because Carter has just gone nuts when it comes to reading.  I always feel the need to say this is in no way something I have helped her accomplish...to be honest I'm not exactly sure how she got so darn good at it.  All I know is listening to her now confidently read chapter after chapter of the American Girl books is in a word amazing!




I love that she LOVES reading.  It reminds me of a certain someone who will remain nameless that invited her best friend in the fourth grade to sleepover and then suggested they go to bed early and read.  Way to go Carter-Roo we are so very proud of you!  




The more you read, the more things you will know.  The more you learn, the more places you'll go. ~Dr. Seuss

7 comments:

Molly said...

LOVE this post!!!!I read Molly books(duh) and totally think that is why I majored in history and love everything WWII! Tell Carter we are super proud of her and excited for her adventures in reading!

Katie said...

AWESOME! Reading will take her far! What a proud mama you must be :)

The Scott Family said...

Go Carter! I can't believe she's just 5 years old and reading sooooooo well! Very impressive!

Roxanne said...

Dear Beth!
I'm so glad you shared this accomplishment on your blog. Reading opens many doors. I too am amazed at how well Carter is reading...even the menu at the Cheesecake Factory:) I love everything about this girl!Her joy. Imagination and creativity. Especially the way she love's Emme. Watching them together warms my heart. These are priceless days my dear daughter. Treasured memories are in the making.
May I also say that I love the way you mother your girls. Watching you brings makes me smile. You are a good balance...you and Nate are creating a warm, safe and happy home.
As always, I love you,
Mom

Joni said...

WoW!!! Can I send Bradley over for tutoring?? I'm sure she could have him reading in no time!

Joni

Anonymous said...

Great job Carter! I must get her a copy of Black Beauty!

Rebecca said...

WOW!!! I'm about to finish up my Reading and Language Arts block for my Reading Specialization, and she's amazing! If I didn't know she was 5... Just want to say, Go Carter!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails