Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Movie Night

Tonight we had movie night just the two of us (and I don't mean Nate and I).  I got to spend the evening with my favorite five year old and had the opportunity to introduce her to one of my favorite movies (an oldie but goodie)...




I knew the singing and dancing would be right up her alley.  She was also pretty fond of the popcorn and sour patch kids.  I can't think of many was I would rather spend my Friday night than with her (even if she did fall asleep before the movie was over).


As I scooped her up and carried her to bed (stopping along the way to rescue "Lamb" who had been accidentally forgotten and lay haphazardly on the bathroom rug) I was just overwhelmed by how much I love her.  Lately I feel like there are moments when my girls are driving me a little nuts.  We've definitely hit the "quit touching me" stage.  Or, in Emme's case, the "screaming at the top of my lungs because me sister took the toy I was playing with" stage.  Nice though how a Friday night movie can put things back into perspective.  It reminds me that sharing things with them (popcorn, candy and a piece of my childhood) is sometimes just what the doctor ordered.

3 comments:

The Reeves bunch said...

NEWSIES IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE! I am glad to know that someone else likes it. It is so special to share those moments with your daughter. Making memories!

The Hudock Family said...

Wow this brings back memories!! My sister and I had that entire movie memorized (maybe still do...) It must be so much fun to share it with Carter. Next time hopefully she can catch the ending too! =)

Stephanie said...

I stumbled upon your post on Megs' blog and oh my gosh-I did not think there was anyone else out there that adored this movie, let alone knows it exists, as much as me!! You've encouraged me to share this movie with my almost 4yo:)!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails