Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lately

I realize that none of the things I'm about to share really go together. This is by no means a cohesive post, but it encapsulates the happenings on a daily (or weekly basis). A little glimpse into how we roll around here.


Lately Carter has become pretty infatuated with make-up. I actually had the thought the other day that she might grow up and win an Oscar for some fabulous make-up on a blockbuster movie one day. Needless to say she puts the kit she got for her birthday to good use and beautifies me any chance she gets...




She explains every step as she goes, making a point to let you know exactly why you will be so pleased with the results...




Meanwhile there's this little babe (with her fabulous comb-over)...




Who spent the better part of an entire afternoon refusing to take off this fancy little number...




Literally, every time it fell off she brought it to me to put back on, I die. I finally managed to coax her out of it for a leisurely soak in the tub. Lately she lays back and takes it all in. All you need is the magic word "relax" and back she goes...




We've also been soaking up the sunshine. The weather has proven tricky lately, going from freezing to perfection some days overnight. A trip to the Kiddie Park was just what the doctor ordered...




We were accompanied by friends (which makes any outing better). Emme enjoyed exploring with Claire...




And Carter enjoyed having a buddy for every ride (flying saucer with Hudson)...




But she also doesn't mind flying solo every now and then...




Emme found some good spots for chillin'. A yellow bench...




And the always popular daddy's arms...




She also had a VERY big first...




She passed with flying colors...




And then did a little more chillin'...




I sure do love these little chicks. Oh, speaking of love we were spreading it around this past Monday. I don't go nuts for Valentine's Day but I am definitely a fan. I enjoyed putting together gifts for each of my little Valentine's and also whipped up these pumpkin muffins for my little punkin's...




And I was thrilled to receive the most fabulously over glittered dyed daisy's you've ever seen (my sweet little Carter picked them out just for me)...




Her Daddy picked some out too...




L-O-V-E. Also known as pigtails (so yummy)...




This week we also found ourselves at one of the best "little kid" parties I've ever attended. There were PJ's and dancing...






Bouncing and sliding...




Bows and balloons...




And wish making...




And when the stars came out everyone grabbed their blankets, popcorn and settled in for a movie...




What a fabulous party Cayce, you totally out-did yourself!  Happy birthday to Jaden, one of Carter's favorite people...




And there you have it. The latest and greatest from around here. We're heading out to make the most of a rainy Saturday (I heart 3 day weekends) but I'll leave you with this...Hair Pulling (Carter is not a fan)...




Happy weekend to you!


All photos in the post were taken with my IPhone and enhanced with Instagram a handy little app I've fallen in love with. I adore my "real" camera but sometimes life happens when it's not around!

2 comments:

Heather said...

What beautiful girls and a beautiful family. Makes me want to be in S.A. I hope you have a great weekend. Still L-O-V-E reading your blog :).

Roxanne said...

Can't wait to spend a little time with all of you! Thanks for the fun pictorial update. I adore you all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails