Growing up I never knew quite how rare it was to share a birthday with your sister, after all that's just the way it always was. As I've gotten older I've realized it's a pretty special thing. There was many a year we were reluctantly forced to share the same "party day". Funny how things change, at thirty I can think of nothing that makes me happier than sharing my birthday with my best friend and sister.
When we were little our Momma' always made a big to do about our birthday and while it seems like birthdays get a little less special as you get older we decided to take matters into our own hands this year and throw ourselves a party!
Lanterns...
Flowers, Cake...
And plenty of food added to the festivities...
We also added a signature drink to the mix...
Our sweet friend Cayce was sweet enough to play host and allow us to hang out at her beautiful house...
She and Kim have been besties for about 10 years now and I'm so glad to have the opportunity to have her as a part of my life here in San Antonio (she's pretty great)...
She is also married to our cousin Joel (well...he is actually our dad's first cousin's son...if you can tell me what that makes us I'll give you a dollar)...
And of course it wouldn't have been a party without this guy...
It also wouldn't have been a party without all of our awesome friends who came to help us celebrate. They also brought their A game's for some intense Pictionary and gaming fun...
It was a great night, one that left me completely short of breath (that's a lot of candles)...
It was one of my best birthday's ever...shared with my very best friend...
30 is off to a really great start!





4 comments:
Looks like you guys has so much fun! Your game night reminds me a lot of my college days- we would play guys vs girls and the girls always won taboo bc we were all nursing majors and spent so much time together- did you and your sister have the same luck?:)
Happy 30!
Second cousins! Do I get a dollar? Just kidding - Happy late Birthday! Thanks for not being weirded out that I somewhat-secretly follow your blog! :)
Yes, Rebecca, you do. She promised. It was shuper fun to have a party together, I love you very much! "This much" (opening my eyes really big).
Beth, I'm not sure why this made me cry. Maybe it's because you made everything look so beautiful. Or maybed it's because you and Kim are so beautiful....or maybe it's because you grown into amazing women and I'm overwhelmed with God's goodness.
Thank you again for documenting your journey through this blog. It is my favorite because it is about you and those you love. Sharing, is the nicest way to say I love you!
Post a Comment