Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The First Day

It's been conquered (and actually the second as well)! Yesterday was the big day that Carter had been waiting for all Summer...her first day of school. She was one excited little lady...




She is one of "those kids" that has a September birthday and missed the kindergarten cut off by two weeks. We've gone back in forth looking at the options, but feel so thankful that because of Nate's military service she is allowed to attend a Pre-K program offered in the public school system here. So, while she hasn't officially started Kindergarten, the fact that we are now attending the public school five days a week has us all feeling pretty official. She was as prepared as a kiddo could be...




And I have to admit I was feeling just a bit sentimental over her new white Keds. If my childhood memory serves me correctly a new pair of Keds were pretty much a staple item for me every school year...




and don't forget the back pack, you gotta' have a back pack...




Parents have a cliche' phrase that we're all pretty famous for, we go around saying it about as often as other people comment on the weather, but you just can't help it because it is SO true, so here I go, "They grow up so fast!"...




The other thing that goes with the "parenting territory" is how proud you feel of your little people...





And as our munchkin' waited in line with all the other school kids we were definitely feeling it...




and let's just say that when she flashed me this smile and look of confidence right before she headed into her classroom I was feeling it big time...




I'd be lying if I said I didn't shed a few tears, but unlike the day I dropped her off for Pre-School I had a little bit more than my milk to keep me company...



We had a great morning and when we picked the school girl up she was all smiles...



good thing cause' we've got one (actually two) day's down, and a whole year to go!!

P.S. For another "blast from the past" post check out this one on C's first day of Mother's Day Out!

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Yippee!!!... the pics I've been waiting to see! Now that I've seen everyones face for myself, I can breathe a sigh of relief. I'm so happy Carter enjoyed school and I'm praying already for day 3. Hope you and Emme are catching onto the new routine as well! Big hug to all!

Beth said...

Carter is adorable! That post made me cry. It's true---they grow up sooo fast.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails