Monday, August 9, 2010

Aqua...with a cherry on top!

As most of you know this is my sweet little love Carter...



What you may not know is that she could literally put away a jar of these in about 30 seconds...


It's actually sort of become a bit of a joke when we go out to dinner. She knows that when we are at a "sit down" restaurant she is allowed to have a Shirley Temple to drink. What started off as us casually asking the waiter for a few extra cherries on the side has turned into her always piping up and adding, "20 extra cherries please!"

Because of this I find the pop of cherry red that made its way into her new room particularly fitting. That's right...next up on our "magazine ready" tour is Carter's room! Come on in...


It was already painted a lovely shade of aqua and we just added a little cherry red to the mix...


It is cheerful, fun and a room that you can't help but smile in...


Here's a little closer look at a few of my favorite things. Like this vintage aqua typewriter (Carter's "reward" for finishing her ISR swim course, she has a thing for the American Girl Kit Kitteredge and loves typing away on this little beauty)...


I also love her little snow globe collection (I have a hope that we will continue to collect them for her as we travel for years to come)...


I have always loved this Vogue beauty but she makes me especially happy on an aqua wall...




As does this custom "artwork" (top by Carter, bottom by yours truly)...





I imagine that winter may find a fluffy white duvet on Carter's bed but, for the heat of the summer, this quilt from my childhood has found a home...



Someone else also feels very at home in this room (thanks to a big sister that is head over heels in love)...

But, in this room, I'm pretty sure that the vintage "C" (my mom's rummage sale find) is truly the cherry on top!

I'm so happy with the way her little space came together. I hope that it will be a wonderful room for her to grow, play and imagine in...

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Looks great Beth. And I love that picture of Carter. Always have.

The Army of Allmans said...

Well looks like Carter and I would be best pals with our love of cherries! Love her room, you are just so creative! Can you come re-do my house?

Tricia said...

What a fabulous room to play and imagine in... and I agree with Leslie, that poster you made with Carter's picture is one of my favorite things you've featured. It's so sweet and whimsical.

Kimberly said...

Not that I would expect anything less, but her room turned out absolutely perfect! Great job!

molly said...

Love it Beth - A perfect room for a darling little girl

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails