Wednesday, June 2, 2010

C'mon, Don't be shy!!

I got this idea from my college buddy Sara (who really is a rock star)! She recently tried to entice her blog readers to "introduce" themselves. I loved the idea! If you're anything like me I sometimes happen upon someones blog that I don't know, but after reading about their little life start to feel like I do. I must admit to feeling a little shy about introducing myself to them (they don't know me after all). So this is just a friendly little invitation to say "Howdy", C'mon DON'T BE SHY!! If you're reading I'd love to "meet" you. I know many of you are friends and family, but please feel free to join in the fun! Just for kicks I'll give you something to tell me about yourself...when Nate and I were first "getting to know" each other I remember one of the first things I asked him was, "What's your favorite cereal?" As for me, if I'm trying to be healthy, and that's a BIG trying it's Grape Nuts, if I don't give a rip it's Cinnamon Toast Crunch! Alrighty, now it's your turn...

45 comments:

Leslie said...

Bethie - you know me. It's Leslie. From college. And life thereafter. I don't really eat cereal. But if I did, it would be of the granola variety.

Laura said...

Beth-You don't know me, I'm not even sure how I stumbled onto your blog! I love reading your life updates and your girls are soo precious! Thanks for sharing! My favorite cereal-when I'm being healthy Kashi Go Lean Crunch, if I don't care- Lucky Charms!

Lisa said...

Beth- you don't know me and I do not even remember how I came across your blog. Your girls are adorable and I just wish I was as crafty as you are...you always seems to be doing such cute stuff around your home! Favorite cereal: it's a boring one but so good...rice crispies

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

Beth--I am a fellow Crusader. I went to school with your sister when she was there. I love looking at all of your pictures. your family is precious.

April said...

Beth, I don't think you know me, but I worked at J.A.I.L. Ministry through UMHB and while I was there, Nate (I think we called him Nathan) worked with the youth. I graduated in 2003 from UMHB. I have no recollection how I came across your blog, but it has been an adventure to read it. Your wit and pictures have inspired me. My favorite cereal is Clusters...Go CRU :-)

Rebecca said...

Well you know me too - I'm Nathan's littlest cousin: Becca! My healthy cereal of choice is Honey Bunches of Oats, but my old favorite is Cinnamon Toast Crunch too! :D

Anonymous said...

Oooo, Beth you know me!!! My cereal choice is fruit loops!!! What can I say we stock up for the 2 year old in the house!!

Jumping Jack said...

What a great idea! I think I will have to steal it!! I found your blog through Heather on the Homefront. She was my college roomie. I love your wittiness and your girls are so precious! I don't really like cereal - I'm more of a granola bar person.

Deciduous Heather said...

Hey Beth! It's ME, Heather! LOL, you don't "know" me officially, but I have been reading for a while. I just happened upon your blog one day from the Skaggs Family blog and I think I (maybe)found her initially from Angie's blog...not sure if that is 100% accurate, but I DO know that I found you right before you were moving, I related to you right away cause I knew you had spells where you missed your hubby too due to his job, and I just fell in love with the COLOR on your blog and with Carter (and then Emerson too). :) Nice to "meet" and thanks for visiting my blog from time to time too. It is weird because I do "feel" like I know you and I think IRL (in real life) we woud be good friends :)
RE: cereal, I love POPS!

Katie said...

Love this idea! When I feel like more than 3 people are reading my blog, I may have to use it ;) My fav cereal is Peanut Butter Crunch....mmm!

Megs said...

hi beth- my favorite cereal is granola with raisins:) great idea- i am always curious who reads/visits my blog:)

Richard said...

I'm the guy you totally freaked out in college when you and your sister broke into my house in the middle of the night dressed like yodelers and chased me and my roommates with your Austrian accents.

Thanks again for that. ::shudder::

Sara said...

Thanks for the shout-out! :) And love your idea for a get-to-know-you question! Even though you already know me, my favorite cereal is plain Cheerios with either banana, blueberries, or strawberries :)

Jessica said...

Beth~what a great idea! Well you know me...all the way back from Jr. High. I don't really eat cereal, but when I did it was Special K.

Unknown said...

Hi beth! Its me krista Benson. Well sanseverino now :) I found your blog about a year ago thru facebook and I read it faithfully. Although we haven't seen each other in over 10 yrs I feel like I still know you from your posts. Your girls are absolutely adorable and the things you do with them are so creative!(I think you get that from your mom!) I hope that one day well get to see each other again especially now that your back in Texas. I live in lewisville a suburb just north of dallas and my husband and I work at relevant life church. Oh yes and my favorite cereal is honey bunches of oats!

Whitney said...

Hi Beth - I found your blog from Sara's...and love it! My favorite cereal is also Cheerios!

Amy's Avenue Blog! said...

Hey Beth,

I stumbled across your blog a year or so ago from a friend of a friend (the Drokes). We are also a military family (air force).

My FAVORITE cereal is cinnamon toast crunch, but I mostly snack on Honey Nut Cheerios. YUMMY!

Molly said...

you know me, but you should totally try kashi's cereal. they have some great ones with blueberries. also, they have FABULOUS waffles. put some homemade jam and it is lipsmaking good! miss you friend!

Tricia said...

I went to high school with Nathan and stumbled across your blog through his Facebook page last year. My all-time favorite cereal is Oh's! (we started buying it in Hawaii on our honeymoon so we could eat in and save $$; since then, just seeing it in the grocery store makes me happy)... but my everyday fave for health is Post Great Grains Raisins, Dates and Pecans.

Me said...

Hey Beth! We sure do miss seeing you guys! But, we're so glad that you're back in Texas so that our "odds" of catching up are much improved...So, is it weird that I'm not a big cereal eater? I can't remember the last cereal that I ate! (weird, i know) I'd probably choose a Kashi because of the nutrition. I will say this though...My favorite cereal NAME is one that Ralegyh (age 3 at the time) came home saying.."Mommy, we had Larmy Charmies" at school..." So, I'm kinda liking the Larmy-Charmy...if nothing else, the name is catchy!

Jessica said...

Hi Beth!
You don't know me, but I enjoy reading your blog =)
My fave cereal is Special K fruit and yogurt. =)

Dacia said...

beth-
i thought it was a great idea that sara had too! i know that you already know i read your blog since i'm a frequent commenter, but i just wanted to comment to say that i was here. :-)

i also love cinnamon toast crunch....i like to consider it a dessert. :-) but my favorite "for real" cereal is special K. :-)

Jill E. said...

Beth, not sure how I stumbled across the blog but love to read your updates....I have met some wonderful people across the country with blogs - love reading about your adventures, your family and your craftiness! All time fav cereal is Raisin Bran with a lot of milk!

Debra in Houston said...

Hey Beth,

I went to college with you and your hubby...favorite cereal when I'm being good is grape nuts or shredded wheat...when I'm begin bad it's fruity pebbles all the way!

Debra

Debra in Houston said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Reeves bunch said...

Beth, I have always read your blog. If I had a favorite cereal it would have to be Honey Nut Cheerios.

Stephanie said...

Hi Beth! I happened upon your blog through my college friend and roomie, Megs Anderson's blog. I love to stop in from time to time because you always have the cutest projects-and of course girls! I can feel overwhelmed with my two little ones at home and it's nice to read up on what other moms do! My favorite cereal, healthy or not, is frosted mini wheats:)

Bush Family said...

You don't know me, but I did go to UMHB the same time as Kim and was in pageant with her. My favorite cereal is fruity pebbles!

Richard said...

I forgot to follow the directions...
My favorite cereal is Puffed Kamut. Sound fancy? Sound healthy? Yeah, it's the cheap knock off brand from Central Market. $1.99 for a bag. That's right, a bag.

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

How fun! I am a friend of your mom's, a fellow coaches wive. We have never met but she has been a huge support for me and I just love her heart, she is so giving!
Anyway, I found your blog through hers and I think your kids are just adorable! (and family!)

Hi, my name is Channa and I eat yogurt for breakfast, ha!

I think I am going to have to steal this idea, how fun!

Unknown said...

Hey Beth - you know me. I cut the golf ball cake at your wedding! Been stalking you for a while now from Sara's blog. I am a Cherrios fan.

Nicole said...

Hi Beth. I found your blog courtesy of the Andersons. I love all the crafy ideas you have and reading about your family. Thanks for sharing. Oh, I am a Life cereal kind of girl myself.

Megan said...

So my friend Lyndsay Nix told me I had to see this funny video of Carter and now I'm hooked. Now your sister has stolen her away from me....Honey nut shredded wheat. Yum.

Adrienne and Domenico said...

You don't know me, but I also happened across your blog through the Andersons. You are so creative and I love all of the decorating ideas you come up with. They have inspired me to be more creative myself. I also think your little family is absolutely adorable.

As for cereal, I'm trying to be healthy, so anything Kashi makes works. When I don't care, I am unable to pass up the delicious marshmallows in Lucky Charms! -Adrienne

Autumn said...

Beth, you know me only by way of the internet...as you are the fabulous designer of my blog! Your blog is always so much fun to read and you take great pictures! My favorite cereal is Kashi Triple Berry Crunch with fresh blueberries and banana...YUM!!

Kim said...

Beth, you don't know me, but I know you. I have been watching you and your family very closely for quite some time now. I do hope to come by sometime soon, and surprise you.

Anonymous said...

Let's see...if I remember right I found your blog through Casey's blog awhile ago.

Then, you did my fabulous blog design for my other blog and I was hooked on your creativity and zest for making the best out of life, being creative, and loving God and family in the process!

I actually don't eat cereal, but oatmeal with bluberries almost every morning does the trick!

Unknown said...

Hi Beth,
I'm Sue Ellen, Savannah's Mom. I love reading your blog and watching your family grow...and grow up. We've loved Nathan for years and to see all of you so happy, warms my heart.
It's multi grain cheerios for me.
Praying for you on a daily basis.

josierenee@gmail.com said...

Hi Beth - I don't think you know me....but I knew your sister at UMHB. I was Ashley Stroud's roommate after Kim moved out. I stumbled across your blog through the Skagg's blog. Your heart and attitude while your husband was deployed inspired and amazed me as my husband was deployed during parts of those times too. You love your family so well! Anyway, thanks so much for sharing yourself and your sweet family. Your girls are precious. :)

Josie (Chumchal) Hein

The Coopers said...

Yay! I am glad I'm no longer a "lurker." I also found your blog through Megs. I love peeking in and getting a little creative inspiration! My favorite cereal is granola mixed in yogurt. Does that count?

The Scott Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Scott Family said...

Hi, I'm Emily! I commented on Sara's blog too and actually found your blog via hers! As I told Sarah, my blog is boring as heck (especially right now with full time work AND school) but I guess it could be entertaining if you are bored enough, haha! You have a beautiful family! My favorite cereal is probably Cocoa Puffs! Sadly, I also love Bran Flakes :o)

Tara said...

My very random discovery of Sara's block led me to yours but I went to UMHB at the same time you girls were there too I think. I think you were adorably pregnant when I started reading and then I got hooked.

Charis Lau said...

Hi Beth- You may or may not remember me from UMHB. I found your blog via Sara and Dacia's blogs.
Love your blog. So creative and refreshing. Keep it up!
~Charis

Savannah Hennig said...

Hi Beth, Savannah here! I don't think you'll ever know how much I enjoy and love reading your blog. You are an inspiration for who I want to become when I am a mommy.

I love both you and Nathan so much and I'm so glad you're back in TEXAS!! When we're in the San Antonio area I will definitely be giving you a buzz!

And I'm a frosted flakes kinda girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails