Thursday, June 24, 2010

Water Bug

We spent Father's Day poolside in Corpus Christi...

It was special for several reasons. Nate was happy to spending the day with his dad...
And my girls were happy to be spending it with him (just ignore Carter's "pool hair")...
Nate pointed out early in the day that this was the first Father's Day he was able to hear Carter say "Happy Father's Day!" in person. The last time we all spent this day together was when she was one and wasn't talking yet. He has been gone the last three years at this time so we were all very happy to have him here to celebrate!
Carter was busy showing off her newly acquired water skills....
She enjoyed jumping to Grammy...
And swimming to the side...
She has become quite the little water bug and is very proud of herself...
We're pretty proud of her too. One of the things I love about being a parent are the things I get to share with Nate. I realize that our daughter learning to love the water and swim in such a short time is no monumental thing for the majority of the earth's population. But for the two of us, as her mom and dad, it is huge. So when we watch her and then look at each other there is this unspoken thing that passes between us...pride...joy...love...

Emme's day is coming, but for now she enjoys taking it all in from her favorite spot...
I was enjoying taking in a few rays. After spending the past few years with predominantly gray skies, the sunshine never gets old...
Neither does snapping this little beauties photo (unlike Carters she never seems to mind me clicking away)...
And while I was bound and determined to get a great picture of Nate with his girls, I think this one is actually a more accurate representation of our life right now. Things can be a little crazy, and rarely does it feel "still". But in the midst of all the craziness that comes with two little people Nate stands for stability, happiness, and love. He is the center of our family and while it may sound cheesy a rock for all of us. I love this man and the Father he is...

P.S. The other highlight of our Father's Day was getting to see our good friends Kenny and Molly who had just arrived in Corpus! Welcome to Texas y'all...we're SO glad you're here!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails