
Ok, first things first, how in the heck is it possible that my baby is FOUR!!?? I reserve the right to be completely emotional and sentimental as I reflect on this on her actual birthday in a little over a week, but for now I'll stick to re-capping her fun filled part-ay!
This was the first year Carter had actually requested a theme for her party. Hey chick, you just say the word and a Horton party it is! Invites first (Horton on the front, info on the back)...

Once those were off and in the mail we made cute little party favors, sticker books (with a sheet of Horton stickers) for all of her little guests...

We have always had her parties here at our home, but this year we opted for The Bounce House. Full of inflatable fun, and I might add, a lot less stressful! It was so easy to just show up, do a little decorating, PaRtY, and then call it a day!
When it comes to putting a party together I am sometimes a little bummed that we don't have a cute little bakery to get a cake or cupcakes from. But, sometimes limited resources call for creativity and I have to share a nifty little trick. My mom shared with me that if you go pick out paint chips in the icing colors you are dreaming up most places can match them! So, Safeway actually whipped out the green on green polka-dotted cake I had envisioned with flying colors...who knew?? Carter helped me make the topper, Horton sitting on a colorful clover field...
Once things were in place it was time to let the fun begin! Everyone had a great time bouncing, climbing, and sliding (the jury is still out on exactly who had more fun, the kids or the adults)...
All that playing can be tiring, but snacks seem to help...
And friends are what parties are all about (side note: C's cute #4 tee is from one of my new favorite sites Resa Designs, her stuff is adorable and the customer service is top notch)...
After all that bouncing pizza was just what the doctor ordered...

Followed quickly by cake, that's every ones favorite part right?? Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...

Happy Birthday Dear Carter, make a wish...

And for those who like a good baby bump shot, here's one as I was cutting the cake...

Opening all the loot, kinda' like Christmas...
WOW, what a day! 4 years old (well, almost) and such a little lady...
You may have been the one opening presents, but to us, the real gift is you...
Happy Party Day sweet girl! We love you, and that adorable little grin!

7 comments:
What an adorable party for an adorable girl!!! Wow! Great job on the decorating, Mom! Everything turned out awesome...from the fab invites to the darling party favors. You're are a little genius. I love Carter's 4 shirt...such a great idea. Now I'm imspired to package up all the goodies I've been collecting for her during the past 12 months.
I can hardly wait for Carter's birthday post. You take great pictures!
She looks all grown up! Happy Birthday, Carter! I love the theme and all of the party items.
Happy Birthday, Carter!! You did a great job with everything!! : )
~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/
I am so sorry we missed it...it looked like so much fun!!! You did a great job Beth!!
GREAT PARTY !!! I wish we could have been there. There is nothing happier than a child's birthday party....all smiles.....all fun .... all together! Wonderful job of decorating and the invite is precious. You always make parties such a hit! Love you 4...
Happy 4th Birthday Miss Carter! I love the theme you picked out this year! As always Beth, you did an awesome job. The pics, favors, decor, and outfit are oh so cute and trendy!
Happy Birthday Carter! Beth the decorations and cake are adorable! You are so talented and creative like always! I can't believe she's 4! wow! how time flies!
Post a Comment