Saturday, September 12, 2009

I just wanna' be fashion.

I was coming out of the bathroom yesterday (yes, mom's have to go too) and Carter was approaching me. As she got a little closer I saw her big grin first and then as my eyes traveled downward I saw she was holding a large hand full of lovely blonde hair in her fist. It took a moment for me to put two and two together, my first thought was, "Why is your hair in your hand? It's supposed to be attached to your head..." Which led to my next thought, "Oh my GOSH...you CUT your hair!!!!"


I'd love to report that I handled the whole thing with grace and dignity, but I come from a long line of over reactors. I came up with my best "What in the world have you done to your beautiful hair!!??" reaction. She calmly stood there with the same big grin on her face. I called my mom and dramatically asked, "What do I do???" She calmly stood their with the same big grin. When I finally got around to asking her what in the world possessed her to go sawing on her hair she replied, "I just wanna' be fashion." From that moment on I found the whole thing hilarious.

At some point my sister pointed out she must have gotten the idea from some where. So, when I asked her she said she got it from the show where the girl walks out and everyone is surprised. This meant nothing to me until she mentioned that it comes on before A Baby Story (which is her new fave ever since I got pregnant). Suddenly it all made sense. While making lunch I turned on the TV so she could watch A Baby Story. It wasn't on yet so instead she caught the tail end of What Not to Wear...you know the part where they give the girl a brand new "fashion" do?? Yeah, that part. When I explained to her that her hair was going to have to be short now she started to cry. "I just wanted to be a rock star," she said, "I had a dream about it." I mean seriously, you cannot make this stuff up!

So, today off we went, to our favorite local salon in search of a fix...

It went better than expected...
And, as an added bonus, we have been praying for a little girl named Kate who is battling cancer and so Carter was very excited to be able to share her hair with another little girl by donating it to Locks of Love...
She was patient and still as the lovely Maggie worked her magic...
and finally VOILA...
Such a happy accident, because I am in LOVE with this chicks hair!!!
Such a grown up do to kick off being 4...
I couldn't stop snapping pictures...
Seriously, if she had been a piece of candy I would have eaten her up!
"Okay Mom...enough with the pictures already!!!"

Carter, I can't get enough of you! You are looking like quite the little Fashion Rock Star...thank you for making my world a brighter place. I love you. Mom

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

That's hysterical! Actually, Carter and I pretty much have identical hair cuts now, and I gave mine to Locks of Love too...but it was on purpose. :)
I'm glad to know my hair cut is approved by stylish cousin Beth!

Joni said...

Beth,
I love Carter's hair. I have been wanting Annsley to cut her like that for a very long time. Maybe y'all could make a little road (ok long road trip) and have Carter work her "magic" on Annsley's hair! lol Anyway it is so cute and looks precious on her.
Joni

Shanna said...

She looks adorable in her new little bob!

Donna said...

You are so right! Her do does make her look the big girl 4! Truly, she started a good fashion initiative! She looks adorable, so I'm sure your shock did not last. Give her a hug from Nonna and tell her for me that she looks really cute and all grown up!

Donna said...

BTW....we mailed her birthday package today!

Kimberly said...

The cut turned out SUPER cute! Very sophisticated. I cut my bangs ridiculously short at her age and that just can't be fixed. So, it's nice to see a happy ending to her hair-cutting experiment! : )

Megs said...

A mistake that turned into perfection! Love the haircut- and what a great gift Carter made to Locks of Love!!

Sara said...

Carter looks adorable! Love the new do!

Elaine said...

This girl is always cracking me up!I love the new do! Such a cutie!

The Hudock Family said...

Sehr chic, I love it! What a big-girl haircut, and you didn't even have to agonize over when her first bob should be! Sometimes it's nice when decisions are taken out of our hands. =)

Andrea LeBeau said...

I'm Paris Mallon's cousin, and I have been following your blog for a while now...I just had to comment about this though...I laughed so hard! Your little girl is such a crack up & this story was incredible. She is the cutest little fashionista!

Lynnette said...

She is adorable as always. I can't help but wonder what advice Roxy gave you when you called her. She should have some good advice since she has been down that road before!
Love you all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails