Friday, February 22, 2008

The Sweetest Sound

My heart is melting. Tonight as we knelt with Carter to say her prayers she did something that makes both Nate and I feel as if our hearts could burst. She say's "I do it." Sometimes this comes with some prompting from us, but tonight it was completely unsolicited. Is there anything more precious than listening to this little pixie as she does her best to imitate the prayers we so often say....tonight's went something like this:

Dear God, jibberish (which is my term for the word like vocabulary she uses when she is trying to imitate something), Molly and Kenny (our good friends here in O.H., we spent the evening with Molly hints the reference), more jibberish, thanks good day, something about play-doh, more jibberish followed by an emphatic AMEN.

Nate and I spend the entire time nudging each other and smiling because we are just bursting with pride at this wonder who occupies our whole hearts and has stolen them forever. What a blessing to be experiencing God's greatest gift...my cup runneth over.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails