Monday, May 6, 2013

Viva!

Fiesta is a big deal in San Antonio and by big I mean HUGE.  I had honestly never heard of it until three years ago when we moved here. I quickly learned to love it because it was a local holiday which translates into three day weekend!  

Over the past couple of years we have gotten more and more "into" the festivities attending parades, making school floats, etc.  This year was super fun because one of our favorite families from church had a daughter on the court.  There's a first time for everything and I can now say I have experienced Fiesta coronation (along with my partner's in crime Kim and Lori)...


It was an experience unlike any other and I'm not sure I could describe it if I tried! :)  Friday rolled around the girls were excited to head to the Battle of Flowers parade.  They put on their festive Fiesta wear...


And after grabbing Nate from the airport we headed downtown...


The whole city shuts down for this stuff and it's a pretty great parade if I do say so myself.  Our little fam had a blast.  We got to hang out with a lot of our favorite people and take in the action from front row seats, what more could you ask for?!  













Fiesta didn't end there...the next day we headed to Kim's for the entertaining "Pooch Parade".  Emerson got to hang out with her buddies...



We spent the rest of our weekend hanging out with friends...


And relaxing (it's a winning combination)...






We've also had a ton of rain here lately (which is weird) and apparently such a phenomenon that it deserves an audience.  Emerson was happy to oblige...


The crazy weather meant cooler temps and it was perfect for being outdoors.  We even got inspired to do a little more planting and home improving...



Sometimes this time of year and the end of school/ beginning of summer craziness can overwhelm me a little but lately I think we are just the right amount of busy.  Lot's of things to smile about...


With an occasional frown or two mixed in for good measure...


Emerson is crazy like that...


We're living a happy mix of Friday night friends, Saturday morning thrifting, Cinco de Mayo doughnuts and bike riding any chance we (make that Emme) can get...






Throw in a 9:00 PM grocery store run for flowers because you forgot teacher appreciation and your 7 year old is having a hissy AND you have to take both kids because your hubby is out of town (whew!) and that about sums it up...


Happy Monday y'all! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Olá Beth, amei o seu blog e estou sempre acompanhando seus posts, está de parabéns! Sua família é muito linda, que Deus os abençoe. bjs e continue postando pois sempre vou acompanhar. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails