Was it a morning like this
When the Son still hid from Jerusalem?
And Mary rose from her bed
To tend the Lord she thought was dead
Was it a morning like this
When Mary walked down from Jerusalem?
And two angels stood at the tomb
Bearers of news she would hear soon
Did the grass sing?
Did the earth rejoice to feel You again?
Over and over like a trumpet underground
Did the earth seem to pound "He is risen!"
Over and over in a never-ending round
"He is risen! Alleluia! Alleluia!"
Was it a morning like this
When Peter and John ran from Jerusalem?
And as they raced toward the tomb
Beneath their feet was there a tune?
Was it a morning like this
When my Lord looked out on Jerusalem?
He is risen!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
When the Son still hid from Jerusalem?
And Mary rose from her bed
To tend the Lord she thought was dead
Was it a morning like this
When Mary walked down from Jerusalem?
And two angels stood at the tomb
Bearers of news she would hear soon
Did the grass sing?
Did the earth rejoice to feel You again?
Over and over like a trumpet underground
Did the earth seem to pound "He is risen!"
Over and over in a never-ending round
"He is risen! Alleluia! Alleluia!"
Was it a morning like this
When Peter and John ran from Jerusalem?
And as they raced toward the tomb
Beneath their feet was there a tune?
Was it a morning like this
When my Lord looked out on Jerusalem?
He is risen!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
To be honest it's not a song that I would expect the average person these days to be blown away by. Worship music has come a long way :) but I think it holds a special place in my heart and in my opinion my Mom still sings it better than anyone.
So this past weekend we celebrated Easter. We kicked things off with a happy mix of little girls who were equal parts sleepy...
And excited...
Celebrating anything is just more fun with little smiles and eager helpers...
It wasn't intentional but the Easter Bunny has never really been a "thing" at our house. I've always done baskets for the girls but I think they are well aware that it's me and not a bunny bringing them. I love having fun with all the colorful traditions but I also really love that Easter is about celebrating promises that an empty tomb held many years ago (image via etsy)...
I think what I really hope is that maybe there doesn't have to be such a separation between "serious" and "fun" on holiday's where we are celebrating Jesus. I think celebrating Jesus is a blast all year long and I hope they will too...
It's one of those really important things that I somehow hope I'll be able to teach them...
We spent Sunday night with the people that have become like family to us. For so long my heart has wanted a place to feel like church and family go hand in hand I'm so grateful that we've found it. I loved that my girls spent time worshipping and hearing their daddy talk about Jesus and yes hunting Easter eggs...
I love that there is a place where they just know love is all around them...
Where people talk freely about Jesus and how He died on the cross...
Where they close their eyes and worship and pray and love God freely...
And really that's what I want more than anything for them. To be free...
Free from expectations of religion and what that looks like and free to just love and be who they are. Speaking of freedom Emerson has taken to dressing herself. This is what freedom looks like around here...
I hope you had a Happy Easter. Full of celebrating all that it meant the day they rolled the stone away and found an empty tomb...freedom.
Celebrating anything is just more fun with little smiles and eager helpers...
It wasn't intentional but the Easter Bunny has never really been a "thing" at our house. I've always done baskets for the girls but I think they are well aware that it's me and not a bunny bringing them. I love having fun with all the colorful traditions but I also really love that Easter is about celebrating promises that an empty tomb held many years ago (image via etsy)...
I think what I really hope is that maybe there doesn't have to be such a separation between "serious" and "fun" on holiday's where we are celebrating Jesus. I think celebrating Jesus is a blast all year long and I hope they will too...
It's one of those really important things that I somehow hope I'll be able to teach them...
We spent Sunday night with the people that have become like family to us. For so long my heart has wanted a place to feel like church and family go hand in hand I'm so grateful that we've found it. I loved that my girls spent time worshipping and hearing their daddy talk about Jesus and yes hunting Easter eggs...
I love that there is a place where they just know love is all around them...
Where people talk freely about Jesus and how He died on the cross...
Where they close their eyes and worship and pray and love God freely...
And really that's what I want more than anything for them. To be free...
Free from expectations of religion and what that looks like and free to just love and be who they are. Speaking of freedom Emerson has taken to dressing herself. This is what freedom looks like around here...
I hope you had a Happy Easter. Full of celebrating all that it meant the day they rolled the stone away and found an empty tomb...freedom.





1 comment:
Thank you, Beth. What joy to watch God's goodness on display in the lives of those I love.
Post a Comment