It's one of our favorite country singers (loved Reese Witherspoon's spot on portrayal in Walk the Line)...
Meet June...
We've been tossing around the idea of a dog for quite some time. A certain 6 year old has been drawing things like this for months...
I'm not sure as parents of small children we would have ever deduced that getting a puppy was a very practical decision, but I'm glad we made it anyway...
We went "looking" not really thinking we would be doing any buying. We were going to talk it out over a BBQ dinner...
We were just certain we would arrive at a firm "NO". We were wrong. We were unprepared (as in June ate her first dinner at our house off a paper plate)...
But what we lacked in "supplies" we made up for in love...
And while I'd be lying if I said June hasn't made things just a little crazier around here...
She's also quite the entertainer...
She must have gotten a few pointers from Emerson...
Having June around has changed a few things...
But it hasn't changed the fact that Summer is in full swing around here...
We've been spending lazy mornings making muffins...
Exercising our creativity...
And doing some good old fashioned relaxin'..
We've also had plenty of time for excursions with friends. The train is always a hit...
And thanks to our best buds we're now big fans of hopping off and strolling through the sunken gardens...
We're not in Kansas anymore Toto...
Endless days of Summer are leaving us with plenty of time to enjoy each other (I could let myself harp on the fact that little girls who like to argue sometime's make you want to pull your hair out but "enjoying" it seems like a much better plan). Hope your Summer has gotten off to a sweet start...
Happy June!









2 comments:
The picture of Emme and June is so precious!
I'll admit, I'm not usually a fan of itty bitty little dogs:o) But June is stinking cute!!!! The perfect size for the girls to cuddle like a teddy bear.
Post a Comment