This morning I had one of those unexpected little moments that reminded me why I love Christmas so much. We had been packing to leave town and took a quick break to meet up with Carter's Daisy Troop at a local elderly home. I had a billion other to do's on my mind but the minute we walked in the door I was struck by the moment.
A sweet room full of smiling people expectantly waiting for these precious little girls to "perform". It didn't take me long to realize that this might very well be the highlight of their Christmas...
They were an attentive audience. Quietly listening to sweet little voices. Tiny smiling faces singing just for them...
I was struck by the simplicity of the moment. The lack of pomp that surrounded the circumstance and yet is was quite a profound one for me. Watching as many of these elderly Alzheimer patients sang quietly along to the carols I remembered Christmas is all about the giving...
I am so very grateful for this "silent" moment that touched my heart and will stick with me for quite some time.



No comments:
Post a Comment