Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

When we are at home Carter spends a lot of time playing dress up.  She can often be found with at least a layer or two of "fancy" over her outfit...




Pretending is one of her favorite ways to pass the time (on this particular day she was Sleeping Beauty)...




Lately she has also taken to dressing up her little lady in waiting (being a mom keeps getting better)...




So, when we were planning our trip I ran across a little something that I knew would be right up her alley.  


Our first couple of days at Disney we would often see little girls dressed up in some sort of Princess paraphernalia.  Carter would stop, stare, and (if I could read her mind) wish she too was decked out in her finest.  It's hard not to find yourself with a little Princess envy when Cinderella's castle greets you every time you turn around...






I don't think it's too far fetched to think she might have been wishing she was the blonde haired beauty that belonged to this palace...


Which is why I was so excited about a little surprise Nate and I had up our sleeves.  Mid-afternoon on Day three we were back at the Magic Kingdom and sitting down for a little snack.  Nate asked Carter to grab a drink from his backpack (which is reason #238 on the "Why I love Nate SO much list", he's good at surprises)...




Which gives this little chick just one more reason to be Crazy (with a capital "C") about her daddy...




Well, when she unzipped the bag she began to dig and was met with tulle and ribbon.  She looked at us with this great face that read TOTAL SURPRISE and grabbed me for the biggest hug saying, "Thank you Mommy!!"  Probably one of my favorite moments with her.  We went on to tell her she needed to put on her princess dress because she was going for a little makeover at...the Castle!  (One of the only things I scheduled ahead of time and was so glad I did).  She was beyond excited.  Here she is before...





We headed in and she met her "fairy godmother" who immediately got busy working her magic...




Just a little hair gel...




Some nail polish...




And Voila!




One pretty little Princess...




Whose hair was looking a tiny bit like she just stepped off of Toddlers and Tiara's...




But that was easy to overlook when you saw the smile on her face...




Afterwards she did what any good little Princess would and went for a ride in her carriage....errrr....I mean flying elephant with Prince Charming...




It was one of my favorite memories of the trip.  A very "Happily Ever After" kind of day...




With our little beauty...


7 comments:

Donna said...

Nothing but AWESOME! What a special girl to have wonderful parents as you two are. Your dreams ARE coming true!!!!!

Jen's Journey said...

Beth!!!!! Did you cry when posting... I know I was getting teary-eyed! She's getting SO big. How adorable! Love the hair and dress... too bad we have to "grow out" of that stage :(

I just have 2 questions: 1.) Did Carter get a headache at all? and 2.) how on earth did you get that gel/glitter out afterwards? ;) but I bet the fairy dust was so worth it! Love you guys!!

Katy said...

Beth these are wonderful!! Makes me want to leave for Disney tomorrow!! What dreams are made of!!

full of gracie said...

Oh Beth!! I am crying! This is every little girls dream!! Heck, this is MY dream!! What a wonderful memory to get to share! I must say that I am super jealous, but so happy you are creating wonderful memories!!
Your little girls have wonderful parents!!

Roxanne said...

Oh, Beth! You captured the magic and touched my heart
Thanks for sharing the memory making moments. Carter's face says it all!

Roxanne said...

I almost forgot. Emme' s pic in the petticoat was precious!!!

Unknown said...

So glad you had such a good time! Carter's make-over was awesome! I bet she just loved it...and wears her tiara and mickey hairpin all the time. Wonderful memories she'll have forever! You know.... Emme's going to wonder when it's her turn... :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails