Thursday, July 8, 2010
Go Fish
Before our vacation Carter's knowledge of fishing was limited to playing a game of Go Fish every once in a while. But thanks to Pops while we were on vacation she had her very first real fishing experience. When the sun set we headed down to the dock to do a little night fishing...
The pictures aren't that great because it was pitch black and I couldn't exactly see what, or who I was photographing! They were using shrimp as live bait...
Pops baited the hook...
Then they threw their line out into the water...
and BINGO!! They caught themselves a whopper...
okay, well maybe not quite a whopper, but Carter didn't know the difference...
They were highly successful and there was a lot of reeling in going on...
I was busy playing the part of nervous mom...a little nervous that I would be jumping into the dark water if Carter fell off the dock, so I had her plant her booty on the dock when she wasn't busy catching fish...
It was really sweet because every time we caught one we tried to get her to touch it, but she wasn't to keen on that. Well, when we were heading in for the night she decided she just had to do it. Pops didn't miss a beat, hooked a shrimp on and caught her one more just so she could touch it...
It was one of those nights that I hope will be a early childhood memory for her. Thanks Dad for making it happen, you tops when it comes to Pops!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Precious, Beth! Dad and I both enjoyed this post. Thanks sweetie! We love you so much!
I can clearly remember fishing with my grandpa when I was little! We only did it once, but it was definitely the stuff that memories are made from. It sounds like a really fun time that she'll look back on for years to come!
Post a Comment