Monday, July 19, 2010

6 Months of Emme Love

I could start off by typing something like, "Wow, I can't believe how fast the first six months have gone!" But that would be a lie. One thing I knew going into this a second time is that the first year of life is nothing short of amazing. Amazing in that you start with a tiny bundle and end with a vivacious baby. We are half way there sweet Emme. And although I knew you would change and grow quickly, it is still a little eye opening to know you have gone from this...

to this in your first six months of life...

You are a beautiful soul...


You have added what we never knew we were missing...



Each of us love you deeply and fully...



We are crazy about you little Emme...



Speaking of loving you there is an amazing thing going on between you and Carter. It is sweet and not so rare...it is the love that passes between two sisters...



And, while I must admit, I had a few reservations about what life with a new baby would be like I must say you have laid them all to rest. Wherever we go you are simply "with us". Content to just be right there in the moment. Rarely do you fuss (except when you are hungry, we all know you love to eat!)...



Lately you have found your voice. I can't help but call you squeaker (although it's more like squawker) all day long you are exercising those lungs, girlfriend you've got some pipes...



Sweet little girl, six months ago love arrived in this house in full force. We have each been overcome by you and are crazy about you in our own ways. We are more of a family because of you and cannot wait to watch you journey through the rest of your first year of life...



We're just a little in love.

6 comments:

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

Oh Beth. This is one of the most beautiful postings I've ever seen on a blog!! Your words and your photos of Emme are just breathtaking!! I don't normally have the sound up on my computer but, this morning, my son had it turned up from last nite and I got to hear the beautiful song you have added to your blog. It made me cry when I was reading your post!! My baby girl, Megan, is two months old already and I can't believe it!! In the blink of an eye I'll be doing a "half year" post too!! :) Happy Half Birthday sweet Emme!!

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Kimberly said...

Amazing how quickly it flies! Beautiful post again, Beth! And I absolutely love the black whites of Emme below the big "E".

Molly said...

love her sweet little cheeks! (both sets!)

Jessica said...

Beth!! I love all of the pictures of that precious little girl, but the one that got me today was of her and Carter! Sisters have such an amazing bond and that picture could not describe it better. I love it.

Sara said...

Too sweet! Those pictures are gorgeous, Beth - as are all your pictures! If you ever get tired of that camera and of that talent of yours, please pass both along to me, I'll gladly accept them! :)

Christina and Toby said...

Beth, you have an amazing way with words. This post was icing on the cake! I agree with Sara...I'll gladly accept your talents if you get tired! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails