Saturday, January 16, 2010

E is for Emerson & F is for Fire!

Well, it looks as if our little Emme with be making her debut no later than Tuesday (or maybe the wee hours of Weds. morning if she is anything like her big sister). Unless she decides to arrive "naturally" before then I am scheduled to be induced early Tuesday morning. I have mixed emotions about this because of my previous experience of induction with Carter, but I'm holding on to the hope that this will be a more positive ordeal and also focusing on the fact that the end result is a beautiful healthy little girl!

This week we've been putting the finishing touches on Emme's room. I really had no clue what it was going to look like as of a couple of months ago, but as with all things creative I just needed one little thing to get me going. When my mom and I ran across this piece of scrapbook paper I knew I had found my inspiration...

I loved the colors and vintage modern charm! It found a cozy little spot next to the changing table and I know it will make me smile when I'm dealing with those dirty diapers! Next up was a fun DIY project for above the crib. I printed out letters and made a pattern to cut out of scrapbook paper...

I then layered the letters with a fun paper background...

Popped them into frames...

and Voila! A fun focal point above Emerson's crib...

And, speaking of crib, I am sooooooo happy that I bought both her crib and changing table when I ran across them at overstock.com a little less than a year ago. I wasn't pregnant yet, but I absolutely love their simple modern style and the price was to die for! I'm also pretty in love with the bumper my mom made out of some Laurie Smith fabric we've been holding on to. I love that fabric and can't believe her line didn't make it, but I am happy it made it into our room...

I paired it with this crib sheet that I found at Target (Dwell Studio) and think the two together make a pretty fun combo...

Overall it came together quite nicely...

A few other little touches here and there...



and the only thing really missing is Emerson happily rocking in this chair...


but, it won't be long now!

And, I just have to share a little side story from all this "nursery set-up". While Nate and I were hanging up the frames over her bed we heard a really loud popping noise outside the window. The blinds were closed and as we opened them we heard it again. He said, "Wow, that sounds like gunshots!" As we are looking out the window we see our teenage neighbor running by and Nate says "They just started a fire!!" Sure enough there is a small grass fire that is quickly spreading through the dead grass in a strip of our front yard. He heads out to see what he can do and before I know it is yelling at me to call the fire department! Apparently the kids were hiding in the house and refusing to come out and we didn't have a hose hooked up. Finally he got them to their front door (the kid brought him a coffee cup of water) we explained it was going to take a little more moisture and finally got a hose in on the action. Luckily it was put out fairly quickly. Apparently they were shooting off some roman candles, a really responsible move when there is dead grass everywhere. I keep calling them kids, but they were about 18 and the fact that their brains weren't quite firing on all cylinders had me mad for a good 12 hours...

I couldn't stop thinking about what could have happened if we hadn't been working in the front bedroom! So, thanks to Emme our house is still standing and our car didn't blow up. She hasn't even been born yet and she's already saving the day!

12 comments:

Sam said...

I LOVE IT BETH!!! The nursery is beautiful and I just love all of your creative touches. I remember when you picked out that crib last year and it fits wonderfully into Emerson's room. I'll try to catch you via phone before Tuesday!! We will be praying that all goes well and that Mr. Pitocin is much more friendlier this time around!

Tricia said...

It's adorable! C'mon baby Emme!

Molly said...

we are hoping for a speedy, safe, healthy delivery! love her little room, and I cant wait to snuggle her in it! lots of love to the whole saxton clan!

Case and Los said...

What a nightmare! Praise God you were there!

Come on baby, come on!!!

Roxanne said...

I've been waiting for this post for days...so glad to see it. The nursery looks great, Beth! Love the new sheet. I'll finish the bumper when I get there. See you soon! Love you lots!

Sara said...

As is the case with everything your creative little mind comes up with, the nursery looks ADORABLE! Can't wait to see little Emme!

Ashley Smith said...

I love Emme's room! Looks perfect and so ready for the sweet baby girl. My prayers will be with you on Tuesday/Wednesday and I will be anxious to hear about her arrival. xoxo

Shanna said...

What a cute project! I love how you did her name. I'm excited for you that she's almost here! I'll be praying that things go more smoothly than last time. I can't wait to see pictures!

Lynnette said...

The nursery is darling and I hope to get to see it in person some day. I'm so looking forward to Emme's arrival. Take care of yourself.

Marta said...

what an adorable nursery! Praying for a smooth delivery for you and Miss Emme!

Elaine said...

Love the room!!! And as I've said before, you guys never have a dull moment:o) We'll be thinking of you tomorrow and can't wait to see pictures of Emerson!

Emily's Family said...

What a beautiful blog and family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails