Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday Carter Edition #52~Hello Texas!!

I'm missing my little Monday Carter today! She is spending some time with Roxi and Pops while Nate and I do some marathon house hunting (praise God I think we found one!) She and I arrived in Texas last Thursday via airplane and Nate (who is a road warrior) made it a couple of days later via car (WOW, that's a long drive, or so I hear). We've been in a bit of a whirlwind ever since we got here. After a nice night spent in Dallas with G.G. we headed west and arrived just in time for a pep rally. Carter and Roxi decided it would be a good idea to let the dogs go cheer for the Cougars too...

The next day we headed a little further west (and back to my roots) for the Cougars play off game in Midland. Roxi took a little detour along the way to show Carter where cotton comes from...

We may not get much snow around these parts, but there's no shortage of cotton...

West Texas is a fairly interesting place. You just never know what you might see rolling down the road...

We cheered the Coog's on to victory that night and are happy to report they will continue their play off run this weekend at home in Abilene! The day after the BIG game my mom and I took Carter to see The Nutcracker. Contrary to the frown on her face she was actually very excited to be going (just not so excited about having her picture taken)...

I did manage to squeeze a couple of smiles out of her though...

"Daddy, isn't this the most gorgeous ball gown you have ever seen?" she asked....

What a fun little date for the girls...


I must admit the stress of moving and all that goes with it have begun to catch up with me a bit. So, this little afternoon with my sweet little girl was a welcome hiatus. She held my hand for most of the show, except of course when she couldn't resist dancing along with the ballerinas in the aisle next to her seat. Love, love, love you...

Hopefully things will be slowing down just a bit. I think we all need to have a little time to take a deep breath and get ready for the next phase of moving. Regardless we are so happy to be in the great state of TX. As Nate likes to say at least a couple of times a day in his best Tye Pennington voice, "Welcome home Family, welcome home."

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

How in the world did you do all of that in just a few short days?! I'm in awe. So glad you made it back home!

Molly said...

one) whit, lara, and i had dinner last night and were missing our monday carter (and you), so thanks for fueling our addiction!

two) go Cougars and Coach!!

three) Good luck with the house hunting and I hope you find a good one!

four) Enjoy Thanksgiving by relaxing! you deserve it!

Kayce said...

LOVE Roxi's dogs!! I am in the process of looking for a schnauzer for my kids!! Carter's ball gown is the cutest thing I have ever seen!! And Welcome back to Texas Sexton Family!!! I can only imagine how good it feels to be home!!! (One of these days, hopefully we will move back too) May y'all have a wonderful and very blessed Thanksgiving!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails