So, ironically as I typed the title for this post I realized in my heart I wished I was announcing something other than the fact that BOB (the amazing "Revolutionary" jogging stroller I have been longing for ever sense I first set eyes on it) is finally a member of our family! In my heart I wish I was saying something more along the lines of...we're having a baby! I've still got that on the brain because (woman stuff alert for any guy's out there!!) as of Monday my "monthly visitor" was 9 days late. Being that I cannot remember the last time that was the case coupled with the fact that Nate and I have been hoping and praying for this for more than a year now had me optimistically hopeful. Unfortunately...my optimism is now gone. I'm not sure exactly what happened, I just know I am not pregnant. And I'm not even sure why I just shared that...it's just me right now, this morning. I know the truth in my head...that God is in control and his timing is perfect, I am still disappointed. This is the closest I have felt to being pregnant in a long time. I'm sure at some point looking back this will just be a little marker in the road and as I look back even further it serves to remind me of what a little miracle our sweet Carter is. Healthy, happy and as close to perfect (at least in her mom and dads eyes) as a little person can be. She is more of a miracle now to me than ever and I thank God for her. So, back to the original reason for this post. What about BOB!? BOB was a birthday surprise from my brother (who it turns out is amazingly thoughtful) and his girlfriend Jenny while we were in DC! They arranged the whole thing and I was shocked (THANK YOU THANK YOU)! As a complete side note I have to share that during the "surprise" we were standing in a parking lot in DC and also got to witness the "take down" of a shoplifter by some bicycle cops, they took him down on the hood of our car to be exact. A dog pile and lots of flying obscenities made the whole thing pretty darn exciting! Never a dull moment!
So, we took BOB out for a spin around the park the other day, fed the seagulls, went for a walk, played at the playground...you know the good stuff. So let me make the introductions...everyone this is BOB, BOB everyone...
Carter and BOB are becoming fast friends, I think she likes the fact that he takes her to the places she loves going (don't mind her outfit, it's what all the cool kids in Oak Harbor are wearing these days)...




Welcome to the family BOB...we're so glad you're here!!!
12 comments:
Ok so you crack me up! Of course the first thing I thought was that you were pregnant, but I knew if you were telling everyone that big news, you'd make it a little more exciting! Love the outfit Carter!
Welcome, BOB!!!! Your new family is going to love you! I got a BOB when I was pregnant with Lawson and has been the best investment ever. Truly, the greatest stroller ever. It's making double stroller shopping really difficult, because nothing compares!
I also wanted to pass on a little encouragement in the baby department. I'm sure you remember how Dustin and I struggled with that in Jacksonville. It was so difficult to let it go and give it to God, but that made all the difference. It's all on his time. Carter will be a great big sister soon! Can't wait for that blog post!!! : )
Beth - It's so awesome that you can find joy in life's challenges. Congrats on BOB - I heard he's quite charming!
Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray. Morning by morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; morning by morning I lay my requests before you and I wait in expectation.
Psalm 5:2-3
Congratulations BOB! I am sure your new family will love you! Rest up, It seems that you will be carrying children from here to there for quite a while!
Beth, babies are coming for the both of us!! Soon, very soon...atleast thats what I am praying for.
Oh how exciting. Bob is our one of our best friends. You have just encouraged me to go use him. Have a great day!
Good Luck with the baby making! :) We know I will be waiting a while too.
Beth - I feel like I haven't seen you in forever, but just wanted you to know you are prayed for - praying for the blessing of another child and patience in the meantime (and at the very least, some fun tryin'!)
Blessings to you!
Beth= thanks so much for the comment on my blog- that was sweet....
I was talking to a friend- that I was becoming angry about what was happening to Luke- that I didn't believe it was "God's plan" to get him sick (I had been hearing that a lot from people that it was all God;s plan). but I don't believe God want any child or family to suffer..... She made a great point- that God can't prevent all the hardships in our lives- but He is there to get us through them.... and that I definitely believe in....
I hope He is with you during this time of waiting and patience. I truly believe a brother or sister is in Carter's future.
lots of love,
Megs
love the pics of that carter of yours. we should meet up at that oak harbor hot spot with a cup of starbucks! (on a non-freezing super windy day...)
your ability to recognize and focus on the blessings is always impressive!
I can only imagine how frustrating that must have been to feel pregnant and be so hopeful just to find out otherwise. I know God will bless you with another baby and it seems like you're doing such a great job at being patient and waiting on Him. In the meantime, we can definitely take Bob for a stroll for a distraction at least!
Beth, I'm so pleased and proud of you. Thanks for being transparent and sharing your life. You are a joy to many. You bless me.
What a sweet brother you have (such a generous gift) and sweet heart you have, it would be great to see you in 2 weeks when you're in TX! We're free the 12th! The 13th we fly to CA, so I hope we can get something on the docket? A meal here, or out? Let me know! Can't wait to catch up!!!
Congrats on BOB! Now that the weather is nice you should pop by sometime and we can go for a walk/jog. If you don't mind going out with a lowly Jeep stroller, that is.
I'm sorry about your frustrations in the baby department. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and I know that you'll have #2 on the way before you know it!
Post a Comment