Wednesday, February 18, 2009

DC Adventure Part 3~Hit the Streets...

Our second day in DC we decided to hit the streets and do some good old fashioned exploration. We were headed to the Holocaust Museum...but made the most of the "sights" along the way...




We were happy to "meet" the front of the White House...

Carter was not in the mood for a photo...

the best I could do was the back of her head and the White House...

We finally gave up and I just got one with my main squeeze...

We then continued on our way and made it to the Holocaust Museum. It was sobering, which of course we expected.









We hit the pavement again in search of Lincoln and Washington (or at least their monuments). Carter hitched a ride with Uncle Clint...



We stopped along the way at the Vietnam Memorial...

Then it was Lincoln's turn...

Abe happens to have a really great view from his place...

Carter meet Cody, Cody this is Carter...

Lambie was having way too much fun...

One thing is for sure, in DC everything looks really close...

Until you start walking that is and then you realize how BIG things really are...

My brother had to be careful because his "big guns" almost knocked the monument over...

and then there was Carter, just being Carter...

We actually got tickets and went up to the top of the Washington Monument. It was pretty cool, but that film is still trapped in my camera so I'm sure it will surface at some point! The day was a great one but at this point our dogs were barkin'! We grabbed some dinner at 5 Guy's and it lived up to it's famous reputation...

soooooooo yum.....

I think I'll call and see if they deliver to Oak Harbor! And with that...day two was done.

5 comments:

Kayce said...

Looks like y'all had a great time in DC!! I love all the pictures. So glad you made it to and like 5 Guys!!

Beth said...

Thanks Kayce! Apparently it is one of my brothers fave's too so we had no trouble talking hime into going! :)

Marta said...

What a fun time! Kyle and I are headed to DC with some friends in May... now I just can't wait!

Shanna said...

It looks like ya'll had so much fun! That's such a cool picture that you took of your brother "pushing over" the monument! There's a 5 Guys in Jacksonville too that we used to eat out that was pretty yummy!

Shara said...

OH gosh, I love 5 Guys! They now have one in Austin if you are ever in town :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails