It seems like they plant the fields in coordinating colors. For example the one we stopped at not only had these amazing bright orange tulips, but also bright red and yellow. The colors all look so cool together!
As you can imagine everyone is trying their best to capture on film what is semi-unbelievable even in person. I had a hard time not going snap-happy! Here are a few of my favorites from the day, in no particular order.
I think it's pretty obvious where Carter gets her "Cutie-Pie" gene from...

Going for a little run down Tulip Lane...
Getting lost in a sea of tulips...




And, just to set up the next video, my dad is a big Lonesome Dove fan. If you've never seen the movie it's a western and I would actually highly recommend it. There is a line that he has quoted most of my life. It applies to just about anything edible, "Dang that's tasty!" He thought it would be really humorous to try and teach Carter to say this at an early age. Well dad, I think she's finally perfected it, how bout' you?

5 comments:
WEE-HEE!!! What amazing photos! Love the orange tulips. Y'all look fabulous! Thanks for the mini-vacation to such a beautiful place. Great post, Beth!
I live vicariously through you. I wish I could see those beautiful tulips. I just love to see Carter forming so many priceless childhood memories with her parents. Even if she doesn't remember all of them later in life they are so well documented she can relive them. What wonderful parents she has.
Lyndsay-What sweet words! Thank you so much for making my day! :)
seeing these special moments touches a sensitive place in my heart. I can remember countless family trips that were priceless and something I will never forget. A lot of them were with y'all and those are my fondest memories of all. I can only pray that I can provide such wonderful memories for my children one day.
No doudt about, Lyndsay! You most definitely will! You'll pass on all the 'wonderful' that was done for you. That's how this amazing thing called love works. As scripture says, "Love begets love" You are filled to the brim with it!
Post a Comment