My Mom and I not so long ago...

So I'm realizing that where I go from here is where I see my mother now. And I think even more than that I'm realizing where I go from here is something I've never put a whole lot of thought into. I think in a lot of my scenarios my life didn't play out past 25, the unchartered territory of children and motherhood and reaching thirty was something I knew nothing about and my brain just didn't go there. So, I turn 27 at the end of this month. My husband just turned 30. And as I stared at the reflection of "mommy-me" in the mirror, freshly showered, no make-up, hair brushed (but no time to be dried) I wondered where I was going. Which is how I arrived, wide awake at midnight when I should have been fast asleep, at the conclusion that I would start a blog! I have a website, it is my best attempt at some sort of Left Brained creativity. But, I love to write...I forgot that, but I do. So, I think that I will give myself this little space to share what is going on with our cozy little threesome which currently resides in what can only be described as picturesque Whidbey Island.
The grayness of the sky sometimes tends to threaten a sunny disposition, but we try not to let that stop us from enjoying the view and appreciating a pretty awesome part of God's amazing canvas. I've always been a planner...but I sort of like this new realization that I don't have much of a plan for me. As I watch this baby turning into such a beautiful little girl right before my very eyes I feel completely reassured Someone else has a plan for me...I'm just along for the ride.

4 comments:
My dearest daughter,
What joy I felt as I read the first entry on your blog. I'm crying, of course, as I struggle to find words to express my thoughts. My heart is full, as I began to reap the harvest of many years of mothering...watching my precious baby, mother her precious baby. My cup runneth over, indeed.
Beth, you are beautiful...I loved you from the moment I laid eyes on you. You are delightful! You are genuine! I applaud you. I appreciate you. I admire you.
What a splendid idea to keep an on-line journal of your adventures in motherhood. This will provide no doubt, many benefits to both you, your family and those with which you share them with. Taking time to reflect on your experiences are certain to enrich the journey.
I've always loved your stories...this is sure to be my favorite. With you, Nate and sweet little Carter as main characters, it's sure to be a'doosey'!!!
The days ahead are precious. The memories you make will become life long treasures. I excitedly await your every entry.
Keep all things, ponder them in your heart.....
I love you.
Mom
Beth,
I am Ann Humphreys, and I remember you as a baby. Your mom and I used to be best friends and would still be if given the opportunity. I love her so much! I loved reading about your life. I want to keep getting it if you will send it to me. I want to send it to Stefanie. She loves to write also, but like you,doesn't take time for it. She has twin girls that are 15 months old. She would love to hear from you! My email is texxann75@aol.com Love you, Ann
Beth,
As I started reading your blog, I began to reflect on what a great friend and mother you are! You have been blessed with a wonderful family who will continue to bring joy and happiness to your life. I wish so much that we could be raising our families side by side but this new online journal will make life seem closer.
love
sam
http://lumerkoz.edu Perfect work, http://www.comicspace.com/nexium/ annexure http://soundcloud.com/altace pangasinani desperately http://barborazychova.com/members/Buy-Nizoral.aspx fichas miguel http://rc8forum.com/members/Buy-Zofran.aspx wonder http://www.comicspace.com/paroxetine/ tron groupbidg
Post a Comment